GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did they give it to you as a birthday present? Employee appreciation and all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

BTW. Happy birthday and congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

None of that going on around here. lol Ford doesn't even give us employee plan on these.

Thanks!

Happy Birthday and congratulations !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Couldn't buy my self a much better gift than this! :biggrin:

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My window sticker was $650 higher than the earlier agreed price. Thankfully my dealer committed to the lower price in good faith, whether Ford takes care of it or not.

Curious if you changed your order (added or deleted options for example) after the price increase was announced by Ford? Otherwise I thought the MSRP was set from the date the order was submitted by the dealer?

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I had a purchase order with all options at the lower price and when the window sticker became available a week before production, the price went up $650

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I had a purchase order with all options at the lower price and when the window sticker became available a week before production, the price went up $650

Wait, I thought as long as you don't change your order after the price change (I believe mid/late Dec), then we are locked in to the original order price. I believe 03Darin mentioned the same a while back, if I recall correctly. That's supposed to be an advantage on placing an early order and getting a DORA. Anyone clarify this?

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership is honoring the lower price even though my window sticker remains the same showing the price increase. on a side note I was number 8 of the 9 allotments they had but jumped to number 3(they have already received the first 2) because I didn't order bead locks or carbon fiber. I ordered on 12/6 and my new eta is 1/28/17. Not bad considering I was told a June delivery when I placed the order.

Last edited:

Jmythehead

Reaction score
Well I was driving to work this morning and got a text from one of the guys that got in earlier than I did. It was a picture of my truck sitting on the lot and said Happy Birthday! Yeah believe it or not it came in on my Bday! Happy Bday to me!!

Congrats on finally getting your truck, hope to see some pics soon

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was driving to work this morning and got a text from one of the guys that got in earlier than I did. It was a picture of my truck sitting on the lot and said Happy Birthday! Yeah believe it or not it came in on my Bday! Happy Bday to me!!

Happy Birthday, and Congratulations on your truck! Good to see you get it, have a eta of February 1 through the 7th on mine in South Carolina. Ok time to see some photos!

Ohiodish

Reaction score
That's right and I appreciate you taking the time to send along the link. Thank you.

I think there are a few people out there reading this that would say, 'don't buy them just yet though.' I'll probably wait until the darn truck at least goes into production before I end up with a set of rims the wife will ridicule me for purchasing so early when my truck might not arrive until 2018....

'Boy honey those rims in the corner would sure look good on a new Raptor. When is that arriving?' I'd just look at her with the dumb expression i have on my face now as I try to answer that same question....
Yes, for sure. I meant remove from order see if it gets your build started and you can add wheels later. Depending how long the EBay guy has them.

You hear all the parts that are holding up the builds and its usually by rumor. I don't know what to believe anymore. I think I'm going to check with Ford every Friday and forget it until it happens. Not like I don't have other transportation. I might even add the orange accents to my order, I kinda like it.