GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmarko

Reaction score
Sarah is just the middle person that tells us what she can. All she does is type in your VIN reads you the latest update given to her. Somewhere along the line Ford customer service is being advised to only give the latest primary status and not the secondary status or the dates when the status has changed.

My latest status is awaiting shipment. It would be easy for her (or them) to assume that means it's awaiting shipment to the dealer but from other screenshots on here, that could very well mean that it's awaiting shipment back to the plant for it's retro fit.

Sarah is not a dude in India, she's just doing her job to the best of her ability. If you're frustrated take out that frustration with Ford MoCo. Find an exec on LinkedIn or Twitter. Don't take it out someone who is being bombarded with daily status updates and is only given and aloud to share certain information.

Someone is hubba hubba for Sarah....lol

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b8a10ab5c60d6fd27deb44317f086508.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbinsraptor

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Jeff. Below you will find my ordering timeline for two raptors. I cancelled the 1st order because I was an idiot and agreed to 5K over MSRP. I found the 2nd raptor at MSRP with a different dealer. Based on the information below, the month of November was a bad month for customers trying to track the build status of their Raptors. My 1st order is delayed due to the current known production problems and my 2nd order went into locked down mode with no changes allowed.

1st Raptor Order

# of days between Order Submitted and Receiving Build Date Confirmation: 24 Days
# of days between Receiving Build Date Confirmation and Actual Production Date: 44 Days

August 29th - Order submitted

September 22nd - Ford assigned build date of November 5th and VIN

November 14th - Ford replies with the following "Looks like this Raptor has been sent to the body company (upfitter) for modifications on the vehicle. We don't have any details on what specifications of your vehicle are added at the body company. This is not uncommon for specialty vehicles like the Raptor. At this time, there is no ETA for delivery to the dealership. I suggest checking back in with us in a week or two."

November 29th - Ford replied with "The truck doesn’t have an ETA yet, but it has been sent to the body company for final touches."

December 1st - The Ford raptor has been sent offsite and is waiting on an ETA for delivery.

2nd Raptor Order

# of days between Order Submitted and Receiving Build Date Confirmation: 73 Days
# of days between Receiving Build Date Confirmation and Actual Production Date: 46 Days

September 19th - Order submitted

November 11th - Dealer notifies me that Ford picked up my Raptor order. I call Ford to confirm if a build date / VIN are assigned and ford replies back with "No build date yet, but we'll keep our fingers crossed for good news on your next check in."

November 28th - I notified the dealer to add the tailgate appliqué to the raptor; however, the dealer notifies me that the order is locked and no changes can be made. I call Ford if a build date / VIN is assigned and receive the following response "No scheduling was done on Thursdays so your Raptor doesn't have a VIN or build date yet. As far as I'm aware, changes can be made up to receiving the build date; however, it may affect the timing. I recommend speaking with the sales manager at your dealership regarding adding the tailgate appliqué.

December 1st - Finally received the build date and VIN this morning. I confirmed with Ford Service on Facebook messenger and received a notification from the dealer. Will keep you updated.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I updated the timeline as of today and included the duration between submitting an order and receiving confirmation for a build date and the duration between receiving confirmation of a build date and the actual expected build date.

Last edited:

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer today. They said this:

They had the same sort of issues with the GT350 since they're a variant of the normal vehicle. There are paint delays (among other parts delays). In order to build these, they have to retool the line in certain ways since they're different, which causes these delays.

-----------
So, I have no other information than what they told me as I described above.

Also--UAW runs the trucking, and they shut down for 3 weeks at the end of the year, so even if your truck is being built mid December, it has to wait for trucks which won't be running.

My build date is first week of January, any delays, in reality, won't affect me.

Other allocation at my dealership doesn't have a vin or build date yet and he ordered before me.

Cobber

Reaction score
Has anyone heard whether they have sorted out the issues with the carbon fiber package. My dealer suggested I remove 2 weeks ago after being passed over by 2 other allocations that didn't have it. Still not pulled yet. Order date 8/11 priority 10.