GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford service on Facebook just now

"It does look to be getting ready to ship, but no ETA. Hang in there! I hope we see pics of it in your driveway real soon.

Sarah"

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id like to think that given the effort to pull the engine and replace the mounts, Ford would have stopped production until those could be fixed. Id assume everything coming off the line now is good to go, it's those of us with early builds that need the rework, assuming this is the case. who knows..lol

So it's motor mounts?!

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to think that given the effort to pull the engine and replace the mounts, Ford would have stopped production until those could be fixed. Id assume everything coming off the line now is good to go, it's those of us with early builds that need the rework, assuming this is the case. who knows..lol

If they knew the problem they would fix it as quickly as possible to keep the line moving. Whatever was already built would be contracted to ________ company to retrofit and get them on their way. Sometimes it makes more sense financially to just keep the line moving and have little stuff fixed after the fact unless it's a major rework for something super serious. When I interned at Cessna when I was in high school they would push planes down the line missing parts all of the time or they would be getting flight to replace parts after the fact or pull guys off the line to go rework planes in between their stations when they were free. Huge pain in the ass to stop production as everything Dominos all the way back to outside vendors delivering parts that just start piling up.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sara at ford service is full of shit! Probably some dude on the other end in India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah is just the middle person that tells us what she can. All she does is type in your VIN reads you the latest update given to her. Somewhere along the line Ford customer service is being advised to only give the latest primary status and not the secondary status or the dates when the status has changed.

My latest status is awaiting shipment. It would be easy for her (or them) to assume that means it's awaiting shipment to the dealer but from other screenshots on here, that could very well mean that it's awaiting shipment back to the plant for it's retro fit.

Sarah is not a dude in India, she's just doing her job to the best of her ability. If you're frustrated take out that frustration with Ford MoCo. Find an exec on LinkedIn or Twitter. Don't take it out someone who is being bombarded with daily status updates and is only given and aloud to share certain information.

robbinsraptor

Reaction score
I originally ordered a raptor at 5K over MSRP and cancelled it as I found a different dealer selling at MSRP. My original order currently shows build complete and out for retrofit. My 2nd order shows in processing but the dealer won't won't let me add the tailgate appliqué because the order is locked. Two weeks ago Ford corporate called the dealer and asked who was next in line for the raptor build. My order was provided. Ever since then I can't make any changes, which doesn't make any sense. My first raptor build allowed me to change it up until the build date / VPN was assigned. Anyone know why my 2nd raptor build is "locked"?

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally ordered a raptor at 5K over MSRP and cancelled it as I found a different dealer in Oklahoma at MSRP. My original order shows build complete and out for retrofit. My 2nd order shows in processing but the dealer won't won't let me add the tailgate appliqué because the order is locked. Two weeks ago Ford called the dealer and asked who was next in line for the raptor allocation. Mine order was provided. Ever since then I can't make any changes, which doesn't make any sense. My first raptor build allowed me to change it up until the build date was assigned. Anyone have know why my raptor build is "locked"?

I can't answer your question as to why it is locked, but I can substantiate that I was allowed to change my order up to the point where a build date was established. My order was entered into the system on November 1st, I changed it on November 8th, and on November 18th a production date of December 5th was established (I am now being told it will be the 6th). Are you sure they didn't establish a build date for you when they pulled your order and you just don't know about it?

Last edited:

robbinsraptor

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Jeff. Below you will find my ordering timeline for two raptors. I cancelled the 1st order because I was an idiot and agreed to 5K over MSRP. I found the 2nd raptor at MSRP with a different dealer. Based on the information below, the month of November was a bad month for customers trying to track the build status of their Raptors. My 1st order is delayed due to the current known production problems and my 2nd order went into locked down mode with no changes allowed.

1st Raptor Order

August 29th - Order submitted

September 22nd - Ford assigned build date of November 5th and VIN

November 14th - Ford replies with the following "Looks like this Raptor has been sent to the body company (upfitter) for modifications on the vehicle. We don't have any details on what specifications of your vehicle are added at the body company. This is not uncommon for specialty vehicles like the Raptor. At this time, there is no ETA for delivery to the dealership. I suggest checking back in with us in a week or two."

November 29th - Ford replied with "The truck doesn’t have an ETA yet, but it has been sent to the body company for final touches."

2nd Raptor Order

September 19th - Order submitted

November 11th - Dealer notifies me that Ford picked up my Raptor order. I call Ford to confirm if a build date / VIN are assigned and ford replies back with "No build date yet, but we'll keep our fingers crossed for good news on your next check in."

November 28th - I notified the dealer to add the tailgate appliqué to the raptor; however, the dealer notifies me that the order is locked and no changes can be made. I call Ford if a build date / VIN is assigned and receive the following response "No scheduling was done on Thursdays so your Raptor doesn't have a VIN or build date yet. As far as I'm aware, changes can be made up to receiving the build date; however, it may affect the timing. I recommend speaking with the sales manager at your dealership regarding adding the tailgate appliqué."

Last edited: