GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Jeff. Below you will find the ordering timeline for two raptors. I cancelled the 1st order because I was an idiot and agreed to 5K over MSRP. I found the 2nd raptor at MSRP with a different dealer. Based on the information below, the month of November was a jacked up month for ordering and tracking the build status of a Raptor. My 1st order delayed production and my 2nd order went into locked down mode with no changes allowed.

1st Raptor Order

August 29th - Order submitted

September 22nd - Ford assigned build date of November 5th and VIN

November 14th - Ford replies with the following "Looks like this Raptor has been sent to the body company (upfitter) for modifications on the vehicle. We don't have any details on what specifications of your vehicle are added at the body company. This is not uncommon for specialty vehicles like the Raptor. At this time, there is no ETA for delivery to the dealership. I suggest checking back in with us in a week or two."

November 29th - Ford replied with "The truck doesn’t have an ETA yet, but it has been sent to the body company for final touches."

2nd Raptor Order Submitted

September 19th - Order submitted

November 11th - Dealer notifies me that Ford picked up my Raptor order. I call Ford to confirm if a build date / VIN are assigned and ford replies back with "No build date yet, but we'll keep our fingers crossed for good news on your next check in."

November 28th - I notified the dealer to add the tailgate appliqué to the raptor; however, the dealer notifies me that the order is locked and no changes can be made. I call Ford if a build date / VIN is assigned and receive the following response "No scheduling was done on Thursdays so your Raptor doesn't have a VIN or build date yet. As far as I'm aware, changes can be made up to receiving the build date; however, it may affect the timing. I recommend speaking with the sales manager at your dealership regarding adding the tailgate appliqué."

Sounds to me like your dealer is needlessly pushing back on you for some reason. I would let them know that you spoke with Ford directly and have been told that your order can be modified; very assertively tell them you want the changes entered ASAP. They should be able to tell you within a day or two if the changes were received by Ford. You can also confirm this by calling Ford. They won't be able to give you the details on the changes, but they can provide you with the revised MSRP, so you should be able to tell from this whether or not they were received. According to what I have been told, this will have 100% no impact to any timeline as long as you are not asking for something which is unavailable due to supply shortages.

cmarko

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Jeff. Below you will find my ordering timeline for two raptors. I cancelled the 1st order because I was an idiot and agreed to 5K over MSRP. I found the 2nd raptor at MSRP with a different dealer. Based on the information below, the month of November was a bad month for customers trying to track the build status of their Raptors. My 1st order is delayed due to the current known production problems and my 2nd order went into locked down mode with no changes allowed.

1st Raptor Order

November 14th - Ford replies with the following "Looks like this Raptor has been sent to the body company (upfitter) for modifications on the vehicle. We don't have any details on what specifications of your vehicle are added at the body company. This is not uncommon for specialty vehicles like the Raptor. At this time, there is no ETA for delivery to the dealership. I suggest checking back in with us in a week or two."

November 29th - Ford replied with "The truck doesn’t have an ETA yet, but it has been sent to the body company for final touches."

2nd Raptor Order

November 11th - Dealer notifies me that Ford picked up my Raptor order. I call Ford to confirm if a build date / VIN are assigned and ford replies back with "No build date yet, but we'll keep our fingers crossed for good news on your next check in."

November 28th - I notified the dealer to add the tailgate appliqué to the raptor; however, the dealer notifies me that the order is locked and no changes can be made. I call Ford if a build date / VIN is assigned and receive the following response "No scheduling was done on Thursdays so your Raptor doesn't have a VIN or build date yet. As far as I'm aware, changes can be made up to receiving the build date; however, it may affect the timing. I recommend speaking with the sales manager at your dealership regarding adding the tailgate appliqué."

interesting timeline. I wonder if this undetailed "truck sent to upfitter for modifications and we don't have any detail" is not the spray liner as folks assume and is instead getting mounts changed. the back to the body shop for final touches like getting the grill and bumper installed. pure speculation....

baja714

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Jeff. Below you will find my ordering timeline for two raptors. I cancelled the 1st order because I was an idiot and agreed to 5K over MSRP. I found the 2nd raptor at MSRP with a different dealer. Based on the information below, the month of November was a bad month for customers trying to track the build status of their Raptors. My 1st order is delayed due to the current known production problems and my 2nd order went into locked down mode with no changes allowed.

1st Raptor Order

2nd Raptor Order

Im dealing with a similar issue right now. My order has not yet been pulled from Ford but from what my dealer said Im next in line. About 3 weeks ago I emailed him and asked to change the exterior color from Shadow Black to Oxford White. He was able to make the change and got back to me maybe a day after or so. Order still hasn't been pulled - I sent him an email last Weds asking to add the Interior Color Accent Package and he said that they barely got the color changed last time and he would see what he can do but said they may not be able to add anymore options at this time. I sent him a follow up email today to check status, he said he hasn't heard back yet but would let me know when he does.

Its a small dealership that I believe outsources him as a he is a sales consultant, which I believe then uses a 3rd party to place the orders as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st Raptor order was Built 10/29 and went to storage lot 11/11 and it's still there. My 2nd Raptor order went from 12/5 build and ETA 12/30 last week to 12/10 build and ETA TBD this week...[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raptor 17

Reaction score
i ordered on sep 17 order got pulled a couple weeks ago contacted ford no build date yet I'm hoping to get some good news that i have a build date in december

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine finally got built:

Originally listed for Nov 23th according to dealer. Bumped to 21st according to window sticker. Then window sticker changed to Nov 26th.

According to Etis it was actually built Nov 28th, and it just showed up on Fordpass App.

Here's to hoping it doesn't need any retrofits now. I originally ordered back in July.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our first order went from sitting at the Ramp since October to "sent off site" as of Monday. Not sure if that's for upfit or just because the ramp is full.