Truck not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In terms of Aftermarket , only BD foglights that have been installed years ago. No tuners or performance add ons...etc
Regarding battery test, used a battery tester/analyzer at home "Foxwell" without disconnecting the battery.
It showed good voltage and around 820CCA.

What happens after turning the ignition on and after all warnings appear on dash, whenever I try to start the only thing i hear is a one-click sound that comes from the passenger side probably from the fuse box.
And as we all know, whenever the truck is unlocked the fuel pump gets primed but in my case it won't.
Check the voltage when you turn the key all the way on, if it drops 2-3 volts she's toast. Or you have bad battery connectors, remove and clean the post and connectors.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think we had someone report a prematurely deceased battery and If I recall correctly it ended up being a loose connection to ground or to the starter... it’s been a little while and it’s before coffee.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the inputs provided
I’ve disconnected battery terminals to reset but the same errors popped up before even starting the engine which eventually does not occur
Ran OBD scanner but no codes
Ran Forscan and it showed generic communication errors such as UO100 PCM...etc
I have never had this happen , maybe I should check the fuse box?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve disconnected battery terminals to reset but the same errors popped up before even starting the engine which eventually does not occur
Have you tried to jump start it yet?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Did perform a network test with ForScan? The communication DTCs you’re seeing may be due to one or more modules being offline.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
Did perform a network test with ForScan? The communication DTCs you’re seeing may be due to one or more modules being offline.
Will have to re-perform this test, but i do recall communication errors appearing on Forscan with ECM/PCM&TCM.
It seems something is off

The truck is basically new at 2000miles on the clock