Truck not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor92

Reaction score
After truck sitting for two weeks
Attempted to remote start with no luck
Went in and tried to start the truck,
Turned ignition on and all the sudden all kinds of warning lights popped up such as eng coolant, oil pressure, blind alert...etc
And as a result no cranking at all.

Got the battery tested and came out well charged .

Any input is appreciated

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me once with a BMW of mine. Did a rodent of some sort get into the engine compartment and chew through some sensor wires? Mine needed a whole new engine harness. State Farm covered it under my comp insurance so I was only out my deductible.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
unhook the battery for 10 mins, then reconnect and try to start.

you could also try using a jump box like a noco.

The F series trucks do strange things when they sit for too long and go into "deep sleep" mode.

Sometimes my superduty's BCM can't find the start button on the canbus loop if it sits for too long.

really really strange.

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
I really doubt a rodent is the reason, since the truck is stored a near sealed one car garage .

Will go ahead and disconnect the battery , do I have to disconnect both cables or ground only?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, no need to disconnect the battery since you already removed it to get tested, correct? Or did somebody come by and say "yup, that's a battery"?

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
In terms of Aftermarket , only BD foglights that have been installed years ago. No tuners or performance add ons...etc
Regarding battery test, used a battery tester/analyzer at home "Foxwell" without disconnecting the battery.
It showed good voltage and around 820CCA.

What happens after turning the ignition on and after all warnings appear on dash, whenever I try to start the only thing i hear is a one-click sound that comes from the passenger side probably from the fuse box.
And as we all know, whenever the truck is unlocked the fuel pump gets primed but in my case it won't.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
In terms of Aftermarket , only BD foglights that have been installed years ago. No tuners or performance add ons...etc
Regarding battery test, used a battery tester/analyzer at home "Foxwell" without disconnecting the battery.
It showed good voltage and around 820CCA.

What happens after turning the ignition on and after all warnings appear on dash, whenever I try to start the only thing i hear is a one-click sound that comes from the passenger side probably from the fuse box.
And as we all know, whenever the truck is unlocked the fuel pump gets primed but in my case it won't.

sounds like it doesn't have enough CCA to turn the starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20