Truck not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Your truck sat for 2 weeks, ran fine before, now won't start and throwing some codes. It's your battery. Can you put a charger on it?

OP
OP
R

Raptor92

Reaction score
Your truck sat for 2 weeks, ran fine before, now won't start and throwing some codes. It's your battery. Can you put a charger on it?

Yes I am able to do that, in fact it is currently placed on a CTEK charger
Will post back if any successful attempts afterwards.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Yes I am able to do that, in fact it is currently placed on a CTEK charger
Will post back if any successful attempts afterwards.

Nice. Just be aware, some of the new fancy chargers will quit charging once they sense proper voltage, yet the battery may not have enough juice to kick off the starter. lol.

If the charger doesn't work, yank a battery out of another car and hook it up to the truck and see.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would this cause error and service lights to pop up on the dash?
If your battery is bad and doesn't start the truck, others have reported the exact same scenario as you. Take the battery out and charge it with jumper cables off of another vehicle for 20 minutes or so, or as @GCATX said, put a different battery in it. The odds that this is a bigger problem than a battery is not something most people would bet on. I've seen some weird shit with batteries over the years that don't make sense, just saying.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for, or do the following:

- Loose connections near or at the fuse box.
- Loose or corroded connection at battery and terminals.
- Disconnect battery cables (vehicle side) and connect them together for a minute or more.
- Try switching your battery with a known good battery.

Some reference videos of similar problems as you described:

Hope you get this issue resolved and good luck!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my .2cents, call a tow truck and take it to the dealer. have them pay for the tow and the fix. with no mods and hardly any miles this is a warranty issue.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something is wrong. Mine sat for more than a month last summer, it shut itself down, and it started ...
agree. OP can either keep messing with it for the next week pulling batteries and buying jumpers or just have ford deal with it. not to be this way but its a gen2 im not surprised something like this would happen.