Truck died. Gen2.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As someone asked earlier in the thread, what's the best vantage point to check on this wiring harness to see if it's too close or touching exhaust parts? Thanks!
I'm not exactly sure since I didn't have this issue. I'm guessing somewhere under the truck near the header?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You're right about the BS - look up^^^

How about you tell him? The other guys said it was info from another forum. Go out and check your harness and report back what you saw.

Best part is he liked the post showing the wiring harness in question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the tire or crank the steering to lock each way to allow you to get a good view directly above the turbos (near the firewall, not the front if you don't know what a turbo looks like). Checked mine when I had it apart for the SVC CAS install. Yanked on the harnesses in the general area to ensure they were tight. Easy check to prevent the potential for serious damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time I've been back to this post in a while, I was just passing on what I've seen on other sites, photo's are from their posts, so no way I can answer the question on location as I am looking at the same pics you are. But, if your truck suddenly dies, and you don't have mods that may have gone wrong, check out your wiring harnesses is all I can say.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I already explained why mine died. It was the JMS Boostmax. There are a bunch of trucks that had the exact same issue. JMS is taking it back. After removing it everything is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a smart move to bring your truck to the dealer with the Boostmax installed. They could have voided your powertrain warranty on the spot.