GEN 2 Transmission Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go figure. I took the truck to the Ford Dealership yesterday to get tires rotated as I’m in the process of moving.

I go to move the truck and go figure it doesn’t shift. Truck allows me to move selector out of gear but truck does not actually shift into any gear. There’s also a pretty odd noise coming from the transmission.

I’ve been experiencing some odd transmission behavior for the last 10K miles. In Normal mode the vehicle hesitated shifting between 3-4-5.

In sport mode the 4-5 shift is absolutely brutal, even after doing resets and trying different driving styles.

And more recently it appears to be slipping after a 6-7hr cool down. This only happens in parking lots under the right conditions in 1-2nd gear. I say it’s shifting because it takes a heavy foot to get it going and usually I’m hitting ~5lbs of boost in a parking lot.

It’s off to see Ford so hopefully I’ll get some decent news.

Has anyone else experience any of the above issues?

v/r

Corey Durbin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take in and get them to do the recent transmission TSB...I had the hard 4-5 shift in Sport, and complained about it for months, only to be told they couldn’t replicate it/there was nothing wrong. When I heard about the TSB, I took it in and demanded it. The TSB seems to have fixed most issues I was having.

OP
OP
C

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is a 2018 Screw with 14K miles. Unfortunately that TSB doesn’t apply as I have a late May build date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: