Transmission : service writer said he wasn't going to change the filter??? Is this how ford rolls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne ....do you agree with this? My transmission is getting new filter and fluid next week...but is it something that should be done or not? 141k miles on my raptor now
The maximum interval is 150k under “normal” operating conditions; I would definitely recommend having it serviced at your mileage.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's your opinion on the best time to change it? Half the maximum, like the oil?
To be completely transparent, I do not have any fluid analysis data to support any specific interval. I can only say the the published interval is 150k, and there is no transmission fluid interval listed within the “Special Operating Conditions” section. 75k-100k would probably be a reasonable interval for most people’s use cases.

Out of curiosity I checked on Super Duty; under “Special Operating Conditions” (heavy towing/off-road) it recommends T-Case and Axle fluid changes at 50-60k miles instead of the normal 150k, but the transmission fluid interval remains unchanged at 150k.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The maximum interval is 150k under “normal” operating conditions; I would definitely recommend having it serviced at your mileage.
Good deal ,thanks Wes I appreciate it my man. I know you hate the T word. But my Tundra they didn't even want to do it at 200,000..I told them to go ahead which they did..cool thing was they asked me to watch. When they dropped the pan there was nothing at all concerning about the fluid filter or and debris. Just fluid was ready to be changed. Now its at 345,000 and still runs great. I'm curious if the raptor will be the same, I am.sure it will since I don't have any issues with it at all.