Trade-In Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded in my 2017 802a, $68k sticker, 21k miles, on a 2019. Dealer gave me $57k trade in. Drove the 2017 for 27 months, no problems at all.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at the butthurt over the potentially coming 5.2l. If you can’t afford to take a depreciation hit then maybe you should be buying a cheaper vehicle? I’ll gladly buy a 5.2l if they make it and will have no worries about any depreciation on my 3.5l V6. It’s been a great truck and I’ve enjoyed it, but a 5.2l V8 making over 700HP would be awesome.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at the butthurt over the potentially coming 5.2l. If you can’t afford to take a depreciation hit then maybe you should be buying a cheaper vehicle? I’ll gladly buy a 5.2l if they make it and will have no worries about any depreciation on my 3.5l V6. It’s been a great truck and I’ve enjoyed it, but a 5.2l V8 making over 700HP would be awesome.
Hard to believe this will be coming in 20 if it comes at all. 21 seems more realistic for big changes.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2 dealers offer me 61k for my 18, sticker 71k, 2600 miles in Houston. Both trucks didn't meet my expectation so I'm waiting until summer. Hopefully I can still get around 61k in a couple of months.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
traded my 18 800a for 4k above what i paid on superduty lariet. They hold value as good or better than most. Be patient and a deal will come along. Loved the truck, hated the engine noise from a v6. But man did it cruise down the road!

MrFord

Reaction score
they are making the 7.3 in Essex Ontario for 4 fords the raptor, I think the super duty and the Mustang GT and GT 500. Family member works there and said the engine is so advance it is rumored to have better fuel eco than V6's

Key word Rumored

and I have never heard of a 5.2 but here is some info for ya

The entry-level engine will remain Ford’s 6.2-liter V8. However it’ll be joined by a 7.3-liter V8, which the automaker says will be “the most powerful gas V8 in its class” when it arrives under the Super Duty’s hood. Final power and economy figures haven’t been confirmed yet. a third-generation 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel V8, which has a new 36,000 psi fuel injection system

gatorman1957

Reaction score
From a Ford V=6 EcoBoost tech engineer when asked about a v-8 for the Raptor - - This is new news to me if it’s true, which I doubt. The reason we dropped the 6.2L was fuel economy. We sell too many Raptors for a V8 version to not torpedo our CAFE numbers.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you should sell your POS and buy a Chevy... That'll make you happy...

heehehhehe - I had 4 of em (GM's anyhow), they got PLENTY of their own issues & the 19+ models are whole new design w/ (most likely) whole slew of new problems. Ram? Even worse. Tundra? Not so bad...but if you have been refining the same archaic design from 13+ years ago you'd start to get it perfected pretty damn well too (minus the awful gas mileage, shit interior, awful looks, etc etc)

Tell ya one thing, having owned all different brands I sure as SHIT wouldn't be holding my breath for a Ford designed V8. This is the company that wasn't able to surpass the power output of a '98 LS1 firebird until 2011.........GM V8s>>>>>and it aint even close....but guess what? They suck too. If you want one that's "bullet proof" step down to the trusty 'ol Vortech iron block 6.0 in the gasser HD's, OR - expect to swap out the cam/springs/lifters/pushrods to eliminate the DOD crap, but then you'll truly have a sweetheart lump of AL under the hood.

I like the ecoboost. "Quiet" exhaust is a nice change for me, alot more power w/ a simple tune is nice to have - if something breaks I have a 100k warranty. I plan on keeping this "sport truck" for 95k miles/5 years whatever happens first.

Ford's been refining & engineering this 3.5 ecoboost for a LONG TIME - ever since I been ******** on SHO's trying to race my in my G8 GT - but after decade+ of fleet vehicle applications, countless rentals, supercar iterations, etc. I'm pretty sure they've almost gotten it perfected...the cam phaser thing appears to be a problem, but the DI carbon buildup doesn't.

Go ahead - wait for the 5.2....but if cam phaser failure is a concern what in the hell makes you think it'd be eliminated in a brand new V8 application?