Trade in value drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm saying people paying 80 to 90k for this truck to only have it worth 50k in

5 years is lol and rofl, My priorities are different though. I love international travel and going out to eat too much to divert discretionary income to a work truck

sounds like you want an STI then. But nobody spending their own money is dropping 6 figures on a used, road going subaru. That’s right up there with the 90’s “9 second quarter mile Supra”. They all talked a LOT of smack, and all ended up sucking Kawasaki fumes with their high 13’s at MIR.

Also, while you -could- use the Rap as a work truck, we have users who do just that, but the regular F150 is a bunch cheaper. It’s the ubiquitous choice of the Fairfax, Co. VA lawn care companies.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The math might could work out trading every few years, I just don't care for the process that much to try and trade every few years. I usually hold on to my rides at least 3 years more like 5 or more.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds like you want an STI then. But nobody spending their own money is dropping 6 figures on a used, road going subaru. That’s right up there with the 90’s “9 second quarter mile Supra”. They all talked a LOT of smack, and all ended up sucking Kawasaki fumes with their high 13’s at MIR.

Also, while you -could- use the Rap as a work truck, we have users who do just that, but the regular F150 is a bunch cheaper. It’s the ubiquitous choice of the Fairfax, Co. VA lawn care companies.

I already have an sti it's going no where, go to bring a trailer and take a look for yourself what low mileage unmolested examples are going for?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but most people are trading them every couple of years are not losing money. I never lost on any of my raptor trades. Most of the time I got at least 10 k more Than I owed and I never put anything down
Where you live & the tax situation can be a big factor w/ high price stuff like Raptor trucks, the 6.25% sales tax in MA is just the beginning, the annual excise tax is a 4 figure bill the first 2-3 years too!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Where you live & the tax situation can be a big factor w/ high price stuff like Raptor trucks, the 6.25% sales tax in MA is just the beginning, the annual excise tax is a 4 figure bill the first 2-3 years too!
Yup! VA is like that too. It’s like the states are flexing to see which one can punish motorists the most.