Trade in value drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLF5

Reaction score
12 months ago my 2019 802A Performance Blue truck was worth 64K on trade. 2 months ago it was down to 57K and as of today 52K. Sad because the truck I ordered 14 months ago is expected to be delivered in 3 days leaving me with a tough decision. I just posted the truck on Autotrader but not sure I will be able to move fast enough now.

Any suggestions on where to advertise besides auto trader?

Thanks

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
12 months ago my 2019 802A Performance Blue truck was worth 64K on trade. 2 months ago it was down to 57K and as of today 52K. Sad because the truck I ordered 14 months ago is expected to be delivered in 3 days leaving me with a tough decision. I just posted the truck on Autotrader but not sure I will be able to move fast enough now.

Any suggestions on where to advertise besides auto trader?

Thanks

That's a tough one. I would definitely try and sell it for more than whatever the tax advantage would net if traded. I got crappy trade in values on my '18 and just kept it and sold it after getting the '22. I came out about 3k ahead after everything settled out.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dealt with this last month. I ordered in March. In July I was quoted 55k for my 2018. In October it dropped to 48k. Two weeks before I sold the truck, I got several offers for 45-46. Mid December, I barely got 42k and that was haggling. Virtually no private party interest above 40 and I had multiple places say they wouldn't buy it due to the volatile market.

Carvana offered 34k.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carvana is hit or miss and based on locality. I was offered less on my Tacoma than the dealer offered and I would miss out on the tax credit but I’m still not entirely comfortable with what they gave me.

I had a Tundra reserved back in November (they aren’t related but I’ll drive Toyotas or Raptors) and they offered $3k more but it still hasn’t hit the lot so who knows what kind of bait and switch would have occurred when I showed up.

CARFAX just informed me that my old Tacoma has been serviced by the dealer I traded into. I am equally scared and curious to see how much they post it for if they don’t auction it off.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dealt with this last month. I ordered in March. In July I was quoted 55k for my 2018. In October it dropped to 48k. Two weeks before I sold the truck, I got several offers for 45-46. Mid December, I barely got 42k and that was haggling. Virtually no private party interest above 40 and I had multiple places say they wouldn't buy it due to the volatile market.

Carvana offered 34k.
How many miles on the 2018? I sold mine back in Oct for 63K private party with 30k miles