Gen2 Trade in Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll always get more if you sell on your own. I just traded in my 2017, with 13k miles. I took most of my parts off, which they won't care about. I left on the Pedal commander, JLT catch can, turbo smart BOV, avs window visors, AWE 2FG.

Got $54k on the trade, initially they offered $49k. They just listed/sold it for $64k. Two days and it was gone!
13k miles in like 5-6 years!?!? If I drove that little I’d drive a beater or rent something when needed lol that’s just crazy low miles

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious if you sell it, what type of payment would you accept? I have 2017 same miles all stock. I am thinking I might go to the seller's bank and arrange a wire-type transfer. I am not sure a cashier's check is that secure. I would not expect the seller to carry that much cash. Even cash can be fake if not careful. Any suggestions?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am curious if you sell it, what type of payment would you accept? I have 2017 same miles all stock. I am thinking I might go to the seller's bank and arrange a wire-type transfer. I am not sure a cashier's check is that secure. I would not expect the seller to carry that much cash. Even cash can be fake if not careful. Any suggestions?
Yeah I’d do it at a bank- compete the transaction there, anyone that has an issue w/ that probably not worth dealing w/

TomG

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread here, but I just traded in my loaded 2019 with 42k miles. My 19 needed new tires and brakes, but was otherwise was in great shape. I purchased it new from the same dealership to which it was traded. I was offered a fully loaded 2023 Raptor (35) in the color (oxford white) I wanted at MSRP (after 4 months of waiting) and negotiated 57k in trade for mine against the 81k new truck. Considering I paid 56k (significantly under MSRP) for my 19 in May of 19, I was happy with these figures.

Nolo0125

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to see what people have been getting for their trades on Gen2's. I hope this is a kosher thread.

I've got a 2023 on order and I'm trying to decide if its worth selling on the secondary market vs doing trades. Never traded in a vehicle in my life, always sold them myself because I had the time to do so.

Here's the stats on mine:
37,850 Miles
Ford Specs:
Black on Black
Supercrew
Twin Panel moonroof
802A Equipment Group
Autostart/stop - Disabled via Cobb Tuner
Tailgate Step
Tailgate Applique
Heated Steering Wheel
Raptor Tech Package
Adaptive Cruise Control
Second-row heated seats
Spray in Bedliner

Suspension- All installed by Texas Motorworx (receipts included)
-Gieser Front Springs (stock ones included)
-Deaver Rear Leafs +2
-Camburg Rear Bed Support and King Bumpstops

Engine:
Full Cobb Stage 2
Intercooler
Cold Air Intake
Catch-can
Tune
Dumped exhaust in front of rear axle

Bumpers
- SVC Frame cut front bumper
- Baja Designs Amber front light bar - wired to aux switch
- SVC Frame cut rear bumper

Brakes
- R1 rotors and pads
- Stainless steel gold lines

Wheels/Tires
Bronze Method beadgrip 701s
35in toyo M/Ts - like new

Maintenance:
Always performed by Ford dealership - Oil everything 3K
All records and receipts included. Clean Texas truck with everything documented. No loan, paid off.

Best Regards,
John
I am on the other end of the sale as I bought a 19 Raptor with 47K and it had every add except for the recaro seats and I paid about 58 for it. Mine also has the 20” fuel wheels and came with brand new K02’s and a nice Bakflip. The window sticker was almost 76K. Yours has more mods but not sure if the dealer will care. I tried to talk the dealer down to 62k out the door and they just flat out said no way. This is in FL so maybe where you are it’s different but they definitely hold their value here but this was a month ago so maybe the market has softened a bit, BTW- used trucks at dealers even with 800+ credit are now at 8-10% interest.