Trade in 18 Raptor for new 2021 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinned

Reaction score
I think you’re right about gen 2 pricing dropping. The question is how much?
I think the idea of the price "plummeting" is a bit of hyperbole. Will they go down $5k? Definitely. Prices went up $5-10k over the last few months - the pointy end of that price spectrum will get hit worse.

Look at Gen 1 trucks though - they're still selling for $40k for low-ish mile trucks...and they're all 7-11 years old now. I expect I'll lose money on my Gen 2 when I decide to trade it in, but it's a car that I'll drive for a while and get some utility and enjoyment from so that's fine by me. Compared to any other truck, the depreciation should be lower if you make a smart purchase up front (either paying a reasonable used price or new without an ADM).

However, the new trucks will be more expensive than before. $64k for a base model, and we all know those are kind of hard to come by. Realistically these trucks will be in the $75k+ range at sticker. That prices out a whole group of folks that could have swung it for the Gen 2 new - now they'll be looking for used trucks for a bit less money. The same thing happened when Gen 2 came out and it propped up the Gen 1 values.

Just my opinion as someone who has owned a bunch of weird cult cars over the years and tries his best not to lose money on them.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as the power numbers are released and the order banks open, the GEN2 prices will plummet. Forget about it once they hit the dealer lots. Take advantage now while you can.
Hello i am new here, buti in the market for a 2019+.. So what would someone pay for a 2019 thats showing a KBB value of 65k with 38k miles? Whats your opinion on what the prices were BEFORE this craziness? I only been researching used raptors since april.. I am guessing a 2019 PRICE with 30k miles would of been around MSRP of 74 - 10% - .30cents a miles after that? about 58 to 62k ? would that make sense for a 2019 with 30k miles?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello i am new here, buti in the market for a 2019+.. So what would someone pay for a 2019 thats showing a KBB value of 65k with 38k miles? Whats your opinion on what the prices were BEFORE this craziness? I only been researching used raptors since april.. I am guessing a 2019 PRICE with 30k miles would of been around MSRP of 74 - 10% - .30cents a miles after that? about 58 to 62k ? would that make sense for a 2019 with 30k miles?
Depends where you are in the country but they are up all over, just more in some places. KBB for mine with 50k miles in NJ is more than the MSRP I paid for it in 2018 new...

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Frank said, depends where you’re at. Here in the mid Atlantic, a local Ford dealer has a ‘19, 10k for $80k

I got my ‘20 802A brand new for $67k delivered to my door in April 20. But it was the only time you’ll see a deal like that, right when COVID closed everything

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Frank said, depends where you’re at. Here in the mid Atlantic, a local Ford dealer has a ‘19, 10k for $80k

I got my ‘20 802A brand new for $67k delivered to my door in April 20. But it was the only time you’ll see a deal like that, right when COVID closed everything
Yea.. during that time i thought the sky was falling sold all my stock took a bath and bought not much of anything:eek:)... luckly got back in the market and got it all back++ but still lost out on so many opportunities.. YOU GOT A KILLER DEAL!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ps--other than an extra 1.5inches of ground clearance--any advantage to ordering the new Raptor with the 37 inch tires? I am new to all of this.
The 37’s will slow the truck down assuming Ford uses the same gear ratios. But they’ll look cooler while parked at Starbucks where acceleration doesn’t matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter