Trade in 18 Raptor for new 2021 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LPZML

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of heading to the dealer and ordering a 2021 Raptor since it saves you the $ on taxes. Anyone have any idea what could get for mine? and if they even do trade in for vehicle you order? I have a 2018 Raptor fully loaded 13k miles excellant condition.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you have an 802A with Pano, and depending on where your area, I'm guessing you'd see between $67 and $71k on the trade. Just do a KBB and see what it says based on your exact details. And they'll certainly do a trade, but I'm pretty sure they won't actually close the trade deal until you close on your new Raptor. Depending on what the market does between now and then, your trade value may go up or down a little.

OP
OP
LPZML

LPZML

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i do John, I did a kelly blue book and its says around 71k to 75k trade even higher for private party.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sold my 2020 to a dealer for 72k.. they sold it to another dealer and they have it listed for 79k.
There are over 80 Raptors on Manheim OVE for 70-80.. and they aint moving. Cash out now, once the Gen 3'***** the lots the GEN2's prices will drop.
Only a fool would pay current prices..

Jax L

Reaction score
sold my 2020 to a dealer for 72k.. they sold it to another dealer and they have it listed for 79k.
There are over 80 Raptors on Manheim OVE for 70-80.. and they aint moving. Cash out now, once the Gen 3'***** the lots the GEN2's prices will drop.
"Only a fool would pay current prices.." The world is full of them. But fools will be paying ADMs for Gen 3s too...

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As soon as the power numbers are released and the order banks open, the GEN2 prices will plummet. Forget about it once they hit the dealer lots. Take advantage now while you can.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
A fool would wish in one hand and s**t in the other, to see which one fills up first, while his buddy is driving around in a Raptor that is gaining value by the week.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I truly hope so. I’ve been in the market for a 2019/2020 gen 2 since feb and just have the worst timing possible.
On the list for a gen3 with no adm but would honestly rather pick up a clean used truck. But with price of used raptors, it makes zero sense to buy used when a gen 3 will cost the same

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could order a Gen3.... Give them your Gen2.... And the day you go in to sign the deal for your precious Gen 3 with "no adm"... And they decide not to sell it to you. Because they have a list of buyers willing to give them $10+k over MSRP for your very truck. No shit.

So just drive the shit out of your Gen2 and wait for the madness to subside a little. Appreciate what you have. There will Always be something better. Or just pay up.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I truly hope so. I’ve been in the market for a 2019/2020 gen 2 since feb and just have the worst timing possible.
On the list for a gen3 with no adm but would honestly rather pick up a clean used truck. But with price of used raptors, it makes zero sense to buy used when a gen 3 will cost the same
Agreed. I'd do the same if I were you.