Trade gen 2 for gen 1??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once again, caught running your mouth with no data to back a word of it up.

The Gen II Eco is a 6 bolt main engine, meaning 4 main bolts and 2 cross bolts per cap. Same engine used in the Ford GT making 600HP out of the factory while passing all OEM durability testing.

Yet you claim "Only a matter of time before it lets go"? :ROFLJest:

You really need to get a life kid; you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and you're only making a fool of yourself on here.

Oh shit this guy really said Ford GT engine. Must be fresh out of tech school. :lol2:

How come no one is upgrading their turbos and posting the results? Do you have any ideas as to why Hennessey's "600" kit no longer comes with upgrade turbos? Where are all the later stage turbo upgrade kits from all of the shops that have announced entering the Raptor market over the years? And why have very few of those shops ever brought anything to market?

Wait for it... wait.... HOLD!!!!

The answer is spun bearings.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People don't seriously modify these little engines for a reason, ladies.

Same reason no one wants to own one without a warranty. Right Nassty?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And yet you have no idea of what you are talking about you obviously need to do a little more research! I’m a machinist at Roush Yates racing here in Mooresville! We where contracted with ford performance to build multiple components in the gt engine ex the crank shaft in the gt ( we made for ford performance ) is much stronger than the 3.5 ho raptor engine also the tolerances are much more strict! The raptor engine will not hold up to the same degree we have tested

And yet you apparently know everything because you're a line machinist for an aftermarket company contracted by a division to analyze a crankshaft.

The bottom end design of the engine is the same. Gen II F-150/Raptor has a Forged steel crankshaft as well. Differences in the bearing tolerances are due to differences in oil viscosity and application. GT uses 5W-50, while F-150/Raptor uses 5W-30.

You aren't a Ford engineer nor do you work for MultiMatic. Don't pretend to know more than you do.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one ever believes me when I tell them this! :lol:

Now you should tell them what one of the actual engines that goes into a Ford GT race car costs. :lol2:

I wouldn’t be surprised if very close to the same engine in the Raptor goes into the GT. My understanding was the main difference between the raptor & GT 3.5s is the larger turbos & intake/inlet design + the freer flowing exhaust

It would seem to me all the other stuff- chassis, frame, suspension, braking system, electronics, body work, tranny etc is what really adds to the GTs cost...if I’m being honest.

the Viper engine was just a truck engine too...

And ford decided to make the 03-04 terms cobra motor near bullet proof too just like a Supra from Toyota etc etc - it’s not always surpercars that get the “Easter egg” engines. Look at GMs LS/LTx family - can have “normal” cars w/ crazy powerful/stout engines that see duty in SUVs & supercars alike

Anyhow if it was just boost/tuning why don’t regular 3.5 EBs make the same kinda power?

it’s not normal to gain the kinda power these engines do on 93 octane & a tune alone turbos or not- it’s abnormal to say the least (as is the amount of gain from running 93 on stock tune compared to other vehicles which has been proven) this lends time to believe that yes the Raptor motor may be more “special” than you think & share quite a bit w/ the GT.

OP
OP
Jason Snokhous

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this thread sure has evolved!

If y’all haven’t heard the new 2021 F-150 is supposed to have a tremor package like the 250. I’ll be seriously looking at that with the V8.

All this talk about the reliability of the 3.5 is interesting and valid points are made. For me it is about reliability but also the sound and just the old school feel of a classic V8. I’ve always LOVED the sound of a V8 with a Corsa exhaust (or any quality exhaust) and I just miss it too much. I don’t do any serious off roading so if Ford does offer a Tremor package I’ll most likely trade my raptor in for one in 2022 after they work out the kinks.

Now back to the pissing match!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh shit this guy really said Ford GT engine. Must be fresh out of tech school. :lol2:

How come no one is upgrading their turbos and posting the results? Do you have any ideas as to why Hennessey's "600" kit no longer comes with upgrade turbos? Where are all the later stage turbo upgrade kits from all of the shops that have announced entering the Raptor market over the years? And why have very few of those shops ever brought anything to market?

Wait for it... wait.... HOLD!!!!

The answer is spun bearings.

The answer is you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and you get off by spouting off ******** to try and make yourself feel important.

Fresh out of tech school? LOL right son. Senior Master Technician here with many connections to Ford Engineering. Are you feeling intimidated posting from your Mom's basement? Upset because you have no credentials, no education, and no data to back up your ********?

Your life seriously must be a joke.

You honestly think that upgraded turbos cause "spun bearings"? Wow...there are no words for that kind of stupidity and ignorance.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yet you apparently know everything because you're a line machinist for an aftermarket company contracted by a division to analyze a crankshaft.

The bottom end design of the engine is the same. Gen II F-150/Raptor has a Forged steel crankshaft as well. Differences in the bearing tolerances are due to differences in oil viscosity and application. GT uses 5W-50, while F-150/Raptor uses 5W-30.

You aren't a Ford engineer nor do you work for MultiMatic. Don't pretend to know more than you do.

And you're a dealership hack. Most of you guys can't change oil without messing something else up. Sit down son.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we made the crankshaft lol open your eyes! And I have been building race engines for Roush rates for over 30+ years! I think I might know a little something you don’t know about a crank shaft meaning I’m just the guy that designs them? But maybe I don’t know as much as a ford technician?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And you're a dealership hack. Most of you guys can't change oil without messing something else up. Sit down son.

I don't work at a dealership.

You can't make a post without messing up the facts, son.

You aren't long for this forum. Enjoy the month you've managed to make it.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer is you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and you get off by spouting off ******** to try and make yourself feel important.

Fresh out of tech school? LOL right son. Senior Master Technician here with many connections to Ford Engineering. Are you feeling intimidated posting from your Mom's basement? Upset because you have no credentials, no education, and no data to back up your ********?

Your life seriously must be a joke.

You honestly think that upgraded turbos cause "spun bearings"? Wow...there are no words for that kind of stupidity and ignorance.

If what I'm saying isn't true, then why so hostile, little guy? And where are all the big numbers from these little supercar engines? :lol:

Nothing but hot air. :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.