Tracking the Build and Ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK..I have my VIN and the build day was supposed to be today. Is there any way to track the build and ship phase? I know on the BMW M line you can track it all the way out of the factory door. ( I beleive they even let you go there in person still...Not sure)

Anyway...BigJ hooked me up with the website to get my window sticker...That was just too cool. I am so amped. Thanks BigJ!!!! The stealership (I'm a harley guy, those of you that have one kbnow what I am talking about) says it could be 3-4 weeks from the scheduled build date before it hits the lot in FLA. Does that sound about right for those of your that ordered?

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine took 15 days from the day it was built to taking ownership. I tracked it by calling the SVT phone number, 1-800-367-3788.

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Montoya!! I will try not to call the number 10 times a day!! I really appreciate the info. 15 days...That is quick. I hope I am that lucky.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know when I ordered mine it felt like forever to get it. Hang in there. The more you think about it the worse it is. FYI, the guys over at SVT don't like all the calls. YOur dealer has the same info if they bother to look it up for you. Hopefully yours wont have any delays. Mine was built 11/4/10, second day of 2011 production, and didn't leave the factory till early december. I took delivery 12/15.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has a customer service number that's setup for exactly this purpose; 800-392-3673. Those guys were great and seemed happy to give me the updates as they had them. I called daily and received info like which train my truck was on, which traincar number, where that train was etc.

Also you can find the exact build date info on your window sticker: look at the top left corner and you'll see a sequence of letters and numbers (for example DRB-003113) and then you'll see the state that it's going to, and then finally something like this 220100222. I'm pretty sure the first digit it the job number for the truck's model year (job 2 in this example). The next four are the year (2010), the next two are the month (02 or Feb) and the last two the date (22th).

Hope that helps!

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was about 12 days from finished product to at my dealer. that phone number is very helpfull!!! i call twice a day, everyday! we all know the feeling, hang in there brotha, i promise its worth the wait!

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Germany last night and logged on this morning and saw these posts. Happy days are here again. If everything is working out correctly the build date the dealer had on their paper work was actully 3 days later that the build date on the window sticker. If I am reading it correctly mine should have gone down the line on 2/18. Just not sure how long it actually takes to complete the process. But that said I should be on a truck by now heading to FLA. Since I am back in country I am calling first thing tomorrow morning.

This is killing me....I need to go get some Crown Royal and calm my nerves....

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gone silent on this because I am trying to remain calm...My truck was recalled to the factory for a safety hold, after it was built but before it was put on the rail car. It is now been sitting waiting shippment since March 2. Still no ETA.....

jmodic

Reaction score
Excuse the newbie on this forum...

So I take it is better to just order the Raptor you want instead of waiting to see what the dealership gets? I thought the dealership I go to for Edge was just stroking me with BS to get a deposit from me.