Tracking question???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this may sound stupid, but do our Raptors track true? Meaning, do the front and rear tires track the same or does one set or one wheel track different? I seen a Raptor in front on me today and it seems one side rear wheel tracked outside the same side front???

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had someone follow me 'cause I was curious about this too and they said it tracked perfectly.

But I have heard about what you're saying. I can't remember who or why, but I do know this has been mentioned before (probably was a discussion on the Z a while back).

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hummm yea I know some trucks are designed that way, but its all or nothing and if the Raptor is a true track then if you see one or yours does not track, its an issue!

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok seen another Raptor around town not tracking true... I need someone to follow me LOL...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the front and rear tires track the same

If they track the same, the rear wheels go ("track") the same as the front wheels. For example, if you drove through sand or snow (as in this pic) there would be only one set of tracks. This happens when the rear wheels are in the same location width-wise as the front wheels. Track refers to the width of the wheels/tires. Wheelbase refers to the length or location of the wheels/tires front and rear.

tire-tracks-in-snow.jpg

OP
OP
SLB8SNK

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they track the same, the rear wheels go ("track") the same as the front wheels. For example, if you drove through sand or snow (as in this pic) there would be only one set of tracks. This happens when the rear wheels are in the same location width-wise as the front wheels. Track refers to the width of the wheels/tires. Wheelbase refers to the length or location of the wheels/tires front and rear.

tire-tracks-in-snow.jpg

NIce... and this is how I used to test my trucks back in MI, in the snow LOL... harder to do here unless someone follows behind. I have seen a couple and it worries me... I am going to have the dealer take a look at mine when its in for an oil change. Got a couple small items to fix, so they will have it for a day or so.