TPMS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitmire34

Reaction score
2017 model , TPMS issues. After driving about 30 minutes all but rear passenger side TPMS drop out. Hve been to dealership multiple times , first a reset , did not make it home , back next day , they rest again and said maybe its the bluetooth from Valentine detector , which I have had probably a year before this started. Have rotated tires and reset multiple times , had reset by dealer and others, and no luck. I have searched threads and saw BCM replacements with no luck. I am under extended warranty and have had no other issues with vehicle. Has anyone had a successful fix of this issue?

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radar detector void warranty OMFG. I hope the cop checking my speed doesn’t mess up my TPMS.

ericburney

Desert is the best medicine
Reaction score
My 17 had similar issue. The problem per the dealer was that the factory had installed the wrong TPMS
sensors....then why did they work for 2+ years then start this? Well, they replaced the TPMS with the correct
part number and it works like when it was new....

You are going to ask for the Part #? I don't have the paperwork since they left the ticket open
and the engine grenaded one day after they replaced the intake manifold and front engine seal....pretty sure they
were at fault...warranty is replacing engine....TBD on timeline and paperwork

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO, I'm curious why you asked if there's a cell phone charger plugged in? Can that cause issues? Never heard of that before.

Yep. Cheap aftermarket cell phone chargers (or any other device) can emit enough radio frequency interference (RFI) that they can interrupt the signal transmission from the sensors to the RTM.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I no this is not your issue, but another strange one like FTO's issue of cheap cell phone chargers.

I had a friend who had aftermarket wheels and tires installed by the dealer before he bought his new Jeep. He had it in several times for service because the TPMS sensors were not working. It took more than a month of back and forth, trying new sensors, etc. In the end, the dealer claimed it was the wheels blocking the signals. I laughed and told my buddy I had never heard of wheels causing issues with sensors, as I change them on all of my vehicles almost immediately.

The dealer replaced his wheels and tires for free and the problem went away. :confused:

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows the correct part number please let us know. This has been an issue for me for years now on my 18. Exact same problem but all mine fail, oddly they can sometimes change back on under breaking it coming to a complete stop, but then fall off again.