Town East Ford 30K ADM after truck arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a time of increased litigation, I'm surprised an attorney (at least that I know of) hasn't filed a class action suit for price collusion. Most of these dealers always say they charge the extra 5K or 10K ADM because the other dealers are doing so. Sure sounds like price-fixing/collusion to me.
It's only collusion if they plan to charge the ADMs together before. If they play follow the leader, like you used to see with airline fares, it's not.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I presume you make your point on a personal level since you parroted what I said except for the don’t buy them bit. Which you either took personally (did you purchase w/adm?) or you twisted my micro econ remark into something macro. Whatever, within capitalism remains personal choice mine is what I stated.
I presume you don't know what "parroted" actually means, but I digress. My statement covers the auto industry, which is at the micro econ level. Does it matter if I purchased with ADM or not? To each is own, as you said yourself.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sad to say but we may eventually see MSRP+ADM as MSRP from Ford. If they all eventually go to the special order business model and hold less inventory on lots they have no choice but to make up the lack of volume with higher MSRP. Wall street will not allow them to make less profit without some kind of backlash, I hope I'm wrong on this one but it's not looking good.

So if Ford moves to a more direct sales model, there is two ways to go. Option one is that a buyer still needs to order through a dealer. In that case, dealers will still need to compete with your business, but they no longer can use the immediate gratification angle to get you to buy immediately without much thought behind it. In the new model, every dealer would essentially be working from the same supply and so a dealer must win on price and customer service. Seems like a win for the customer...unless you need immediate gratification.

If there is no dealer middleman involved, then it's essentially the Tesla model. I suppose we can't really say if there price is inflated for ADM, but their prices are competitive with other vehicle MSRPs. So I'd say no.

I get that you're assuming that Ford volume of sales will decrease, but I don't know that that's the case. Again, Tesla sells more vehicles than it can make with this model, so why wouldn't Ford be able to sell this way. This may be the case 20-30 years ago, when people didn't have the trust for special orders, and needed/wanted to be able to do test drives and pick from a lot, but that's not quite the case anymore.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I presume you don't know what "parroted" actually means, but I digress. My statement covers the auto industry, which is at the micro econ level. Does it matter if I purchased with ADM or not? To each is own, as you said yourself.
With the insults, eh? Noted. And yes it matters per your opinion. And I covered micro and macro Econ in college therefore don’t presume to lecture me. I‘m making a point only regarding an individuals decision to purchase with an adm you are saying something else entirely. The individual portion being key. Understand?

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the insults, eh? Noted. And yes it matters per your opinion. And I covered micro and macro Econ in college therefore don’t presume to lecture me. I‘m making a point only regarding an individuals decision to purchase with an adm you are saying something else entirely. The individual portion being key. Understand?
THIS nonsense doesn't warrant a response. Also, I don't need an explanation of your college experience lol.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We honestly should start a google review bomb for Bad (and good) dealers. No unfactual information just "can't believe they would charge soo much over MSRP" so their dealership reviews go down and maybe they think twice about jacking up the ADM.

We could do the same with the good dealers "What a great deal on an MSRP Raptor -- Jim was the greatest!".

Boost the good guys and burn the bad.