Town East Ford 30K ADM after truck arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad to say but we may eventually see MSRP+ADM as MSRP from Ford. If they all eventually go to the special order business model and hold less inventory on lots they have no choice but to make up the lack of volume with higher MSRP. Wall street will not allow them to make less profit without some kind of backlash, I hope I'm wrong on this one but it's not looking good.
That’s what certain entities in the media are pushing. Less supply = more ROI thru higher sustained demand. Man made inflation of a sort. Problem is when they are able to produce more efficiently and the competition is itching to make more than it usually falls apart unless collusion is present.

In the end it’s pretty simple…don’t buy the damn things. I sure as hell wouldn’t own mine if that was the choice I was given.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some point in time one of the Big 3 will want to gain some market share and will order some trucks. That will force others to follow or potentially risk losing a sale to a competitor.

This will benefit the consumer. Who knows when that will be if ever in the next couple of years.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next big downturn, buyers will be able to play car makers off against one another. Dealers get spiffs from volume and manufacturers will be eager to keep those lines running. As long as you're willing to shop around, good deals will be had even if they go to the new model.

hoooman

Reaction score
So sorry to hear OP.

This is what I am worrying me right now. Just ordered 22 raptor, they say it’s MSRP but I want to make sure I seal the deal. What can I ask from the dealer to avoid events like these? I already have worksheet signed by both parties, is this good enough?

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what certain entities in the media are pushing. Less supply = more ROI thru higher sustained demand. Man made inflation of a sort. Problem is when they are able to produce more efficiently and the competition is itching to make more than it usually falls apart unless collusion is present.

In the end it’s pretty simple…don’t buy the damn things. I sure as hell wouldn’t own mine if that was the choice I was given.
It's called econ 101, I came up with that on my own based on simple supply and demand and the pressure wall street puts on companies to hit the revenue and earnings targets that wall street sets. Car manufacturers said themselves that they eventually want to reduce lot inventory and focus more on special customer orders then that's what will happen, Ford CEO Jim Farley came out and said it. They will all eventually go to that business model after this complete debacle. You can say don't buy them but it means nothing in the end. They may be able to replace the lost volume with new EVs but that remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called econ 101, I came up with that on my own based on simple supply and demand and the pressure wall street puts on companies to hit the revenue and earnings targets that wall street sets. Car manufacturers said themselves that they eventually want to reduce lot inventory and focus more on special customer orders then that's what will happen, Ford CEO Jim Farley came out and said it. They will all eventually go to that business model after this complete debacle. You can say don't buy them but it means nothing in the end. They may be able to replace the lost volume with new EVs but that remains to be seen.

I presume you make your point on a personal level since you parroted what I said except for the don’t buy them bit. Which you either took personally (did you purchase w/adm?) or you twisted my micro econ remark into something macro. Whatever, within capitalism remains personal choice mine is what I stated.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad to say but we may eventually see MSRP+ADM as MSRP from Ford. If they all eventually go to the special order business model and hold less inventory on lots they have no choice but to make up the lack of volume with higher MSRP. Wall street will not allow them to make less profit without some kind of backlash, I hope I'm wrong on this one but it's not looking good.
In thinking they become used car lots basically

cadurham88

Reaction score
So sorry to hear OP.

This is what I am worrying me right now. Just ordered 22 raptor, they say it’s MSRP but I want to make sure I seal the deal. What can I ask from the dealer to avoid events like these? I already have worksheet signed by both parties, is this good enough?
Signed term sheet from you and them.

lngebrown

Reaction score
In a time of increased litigation, I'm surprised an attorney (at least that I know of) hasn't filed a class action suit for price collusion. Most of these dealers always say they charge the extra 5K or 10K ADM because the other dealers are doing so. Sure sounds like price fixing / collusion to me.

lngebrown

Reaction score
In a time of increased litigation, I'm surprised an attorney (at least that I know of) hasn't filed a class action suit for price collusion. Most of these dealers always say they charge the extra 5K or 10K ADM because the other dealers are doing so. Sure sounds like price-fixing/collusion to me.