Torchys sound system build, Morel and JL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking good. My suggestion for your next upgrade, well, isn't exactly an upgrade. It would be a small investment into a USB measurement microphone. This way you can actually analyze the acoustic output and use your VXI amps to their full potential. VERY rarely do you actually end up with a good sounding car without adjusting eq to a level that seems drastic, but the interior of a vehicle is a harsh place for acoustics. Frequency response will be erratic due to so many reflecting surfaces causing nulls and constructive interference. Here is an example of frequency response before and after a tune, which i offer remotely.

Here is an album of various tunes and their resulting (and averaged) frequency response..

https://imgur.com/a/qwsjemZ

Here is all speakers playing before and after a tune was completed..

isA7nGY.png

And here is all of the individual measurements from said tune.

n7rMzS0.png

Moral of the story, the hard work is all done, but there is SO much more you can get out of your system.

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct. on an active 2 way setup its a good place to start
Sooo I am going to try this when I get home tonight and see how it goes.

Looking good. My suggestion for your next upgrade, well, isn't exactly an upgrade. It would be a small investment into a USB measurement microphone. This way you can actually analyze the acoustic output and use your VXI amps to their full potential. VERY rarely do you actually end up with a good sounding car without adjusting eq to a level that seems drastic, but the interior of a vehicle is a harsh place for acoustics. Frequency response will be erratic due to so many reflecting surfaces causing nulls and constructive interference. Here is an example of frequency response before and after a tune, which i offer remotely.

Here is an album of various tunes and their resulting (and averaged) frequency response..

https://imgur.com/a/qwsjemZ

Here is all speakers playing before and after a tune was completed..

isA7nGY.png

And here is all of the individual measurements from said tune.

n7rMzS0.png

Moral of the story, the hard work is all done, but there is SO much more you can get out of your system.

Yes so I hear that I could very much benefit from tuning and am interested. I'd say my area of expertise stops at tuning but I was never an expert on any of this lol.

But yes I am down for some remote tuning.

Reaction score
Sooo I am going to try this when I get home tonight and see how it goes.

Yes so I hear that I could very much benefit from tuning and am interested. I'd say my area of expertise stops at tuning but I was never an expert on any of this lol.

But yes I am down for some remote tuning.
Let me know when youre ready. All you need is a USB measurement mic, a laptop that isn't slow, and wifi at your car that isn't slow

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have disgustingly over built laptop and wifi (700mbs on wifi) so that's covered. Have a link or recommendation on a mic?