Took delivery yesterday - 801A - Agate Black - Need help with 1 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my new Raptor yesterday afternoon. The dealer, Sterling Ford Lincoln in Opelousas, LA, did a fantastic job of making the process easy - I was at the dealer for less than 30 minutes. I put a deposit on an incoming stock unit a few weeks ago, and we agreed to MSRP as the price. The kept their word and sold it to me for exactly MSRP. I don't believe they have any more unspoken for '21s, but if you're interested in ordering a '22, I would definitely recommend them.

As for the truck itself, it's been fantastic so far, and it is actually a huge leap forward from the Gen2. I was actually surprised how much when I saw it in person...! More feedback to come when I get more time with the truck.

I haven't had the chance to investigate this at all yet, so I thought I would ask in the event anyone else has already encountered this. The exhaust tip on the passenger side is hanging too low - at least an inch lower than the driver side. Both tips are securely in place and a quick glance shows that no hangers (or the rubber grommets) are missing. Does anyone know how to adjust them? Ideally, the passenger side needs to go up - the driver side is in the proper position. Any input would be appreciated!

And here's the obligatory non Prius picture!

Attachments

• Raptor1.pdf
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 466

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any way you can take a picture of the back? So we can see the difference?

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the non-Prius comment. I was at a soccer game for my son years ago and one of the other parents parked next to my Gen 1 in his Prius and smirked... "what kind of mileage does that thing get?". I looked and him and said "I feed it two or three Prius' a week". He was dumbfounded and just walked away. :)

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any way you can take a picture of the back? So we can see the difference?
Here you go - as you can see, it's pretty obvious. And neither side moves or wiggles at all - they are firmly fixed in this position...

Attachments

• Raptor3.jpg
    Raptor3.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 308

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Raptor! 801A Black 21' here as well. As suggested above, loosen up the first clamp up stream then rotate the exhaust to straighten, then tighten. Seems there were a number of them delivered with exhaust tips not aligned well.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my new Raptor yesterday afternoon. The dealer, Sterling Ford Lincoln in Opelousas, LA, did a fantastic job of making the process easy - I was at the dealer for less than 30 minutes. I put a deposit on an incoming stock unit a few weeks ago, and we agreed to MSRP as the price. The kept their word and sold it to me for exactly MSRP. I don't believe they have any more unspoken for '21s, but if you're interested in ordering a '22, I would definitely recommend them.

As for the truck itself, it's been fantastic so far, and it is actually a huge leap forward from the Gen2. I was actually surprised how much when I saw it in person...! More feedback to come when I get more time with the truck.

I haven't had the chance to investigate this at all yet, so I thought I would ask in the event anyone else has already encountered this. The exhaust tip on the passenger side is hanging too low - at least an inch lower than the driver side. Both tips are securely in place and a quick glance shows that no hangers (or the rubber grommets) are missing. Does anyone know how to adjust them? Ideally, the passenger side needs to go up - the driver side is in the proper position. Any input would be appreciated!

And here's the obligatory non Prius picture!
Beautiful truck! What the heck landed on your windshield just in time for this photo?