Took delivery yesterday - 801A - Agate Black - Need help with 1 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! What the heck landed on your windshield just in time for this photo?
Thank you! I am definitely enjoying it so far!

It was a huge grasshopper... They were all over the place. I can't believe there's only 1 in the picture. Given how many there were, that seems like quite an accomplishment!

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Raptor! 801A Black 21' here as well. As suggested above, loosen up the first clamp up stream then rotate the exhaust to straighten, then tighten. Seems there were a number of them delivered with exhaust tips not aligned well.
Thank you!

It should be that simple, so hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix!

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lead foot '21 order never got built. Long story. But now I've got a '22 in black on order. Hoping to join you guys baking in the sun in black trucks in the South soon.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update - as you can see in the picture, the passenger side does seem to be misaligned - the cut in the rear portion of the exhaust is not centered. You can see that the driver side is straight down (the cut), and that tip is properly located. I think I will be able to rotate the tube by loosening the band clamp, and that should put the in the correct location.

I was not able to do it last night as I didn't have the correct socket - a standard depth socket wouldn't reach down to the nut, and the extra deep was so tall it hit the underside of the truck. I'll grab another socket this afternoon and try to break it loose tonight.

Attachments

• Raptor4.jpg
    Raptor4.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 99

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update - as you can see in the picture, the passenger side does seem to be misaligned - the cut in the rear portion of the exhaust is not centered. You can see that the driver side is straight down (the cut), and that tip is properly located. I think I will be able to rotate the tube by loosening the band clamp, and that should put the in the correct location.

I was not able to do it last night as I didn't have the correct socket - a standard depth socket wouldn't reach down to the nut, and the extra deep was so tall it hit the underside of the truck. I'll grab another socket this afternoon and try to break it loose tonight.
I bet those green & purple marker marks should be on the other side too. Those are typically correct assembly or torque confirmations. Maybe in this case they are used for final alignment confirmation and that side got skipped on accident. It would be interesting to see if other trucks that didn't have exhaust alignment issues have those marks on both pipes.

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet those green & purple marker marks should be on the other side too. Those are typically correct assembly or torque confirmations. Maybe in this case they are used for final alignment confirmation and that side got skipped on accident. It would be interesting to see if other trucks that didn't have exhaust alignment issues have those marks on both pipes.
That certainly could be the case. There are several others that have noted their tips being un-level as well. I wonder what marks their trucks have - or even what markings a truck with the tips correctly aligned have. Interestingly, the pictures I have seen all have the passenger side hanging too low... Maybe the same guy was drunk one day and missed all of them!

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you loosen the pipes at the joint behind the mufflers, as others have noted, you can also loosen the rear hangars that are next to the hitch, they are 2 small 10 mm heads. Once you have both the joint and the hangar loose, simply rotate the pipe up to where you want it, tighten the hangar, then tigthen the joint.
The hangars and routing are the same on the Gen 2, I was able to rotate the pipes up quite a bit from OE to get them up and out of the way for off-road travel (less sand, more rocks and drops).

OP
OP
V

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you loosen the pipes at the joint behind the mufflers, as others have noted, you can also loosen the rear hangars that are next to the hitch, they are 2 small 10 mm heads. Once you have both the joint and the hangar loose, simply rotate the pipe up to where you want it, tighten the hangar, then tigthen the joint.
The hangars and routing are the same on the Gen 2, I was able to rotate the pipes up quite a bit from OE to get them up and out of the way for off-road travel (less sand, more rocks and drops).
Awesome! Thanks for the detailed information. I hope to have the time to fix this tonight. My OCD just can't handle how un-level the tips are!

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! What the heck landed on your windshield just in time for this photo?
We do have a good supply of grasshoppers down here. That's a baby on his windshield. I have a full grown one on my truck

Attachments

• 20210820_192235.jpg
    20210820_192235.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210820_192235.jpg
    20210820_192235.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 31