GEN 2 Too many miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

iwish97

Reaction score
You should’ve done the tune earlier haha, but 70k is absolutely not too late. If you really like the truck those upgrades are much cheaper than a Gen 3. How many miles do you drive per year or plan to? Seems like you do 15-20/year now?
You are correct. It is my daily driver and makes at least one 2,000 mile trip a year.

OP
OP
I

iwish97

Reaction score
Agreed, are you sure you need new spring? Why dont you just get the shocks done with seals , nitro and new fluid that’ll be like 750-1000. The tune isn't a life or death thing…
Thanks, I just looked up the shock service. that seems like the way to go. Now if I could figure out how to replace the worn out red stripe on the steering wheel I’d be a happy camper.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but is 70k too many miles on a truck to invest in a goose tune and new live valve shocks and springs? I bought my 2019 new and love it. I'm trying to decide if it would be silly to spend $8k to upgrade it vs. buying a gen 3. I like the looks of my gen 2 more than the new ones. What do you all think? Pics for reference.
Sir, 70K mile is too many to start throwing money into it and having fun. LOL.

They say a woman having a baby is equivalent to 100k miles on a car/truck. You still have a ways to go. Think about that for a minute. I say get the bolt-on's now while you can still enjoy them.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Sir, 70K mile is too many to start throwing money into it and having fun. LOL.

They say a woman having a baby is equivalent to 100k miles on a car/truck. You still have a ways to go. Think about that for a minute. I say get the bolt-on's now while you can still enjoy them.

I say get HER the bolts ons so that you can still remember playing with them.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Never buy a woman bolt-ons. Those are for ex's to bare the burden and the next guy to enjoy. 2 time winner here. :p

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I just looked up the shock service. that seems like the way to go. Now if I could figure out how to replace the worn out red stripe on the steering wheel I’d be a happy camper.
Theres a thread about it.