GEN 2 Too many miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwish97

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but is 70k too many miles on a truck to invest in a goose tune and new live valve shocks and springs? I bought my 2019 new and love it. I'm trying to decide if it would be silly to spend $8k to upgrade it vs. buying a gen 3. I like the looks of my gen 2 more than the new ones. What do you all think? Pics for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_7683.jpg
    IMG_7683.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7634.jpg
    IMG_7634.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 28

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope it’s fine. Regular maintenance goes a long way.
Agreed, are you sure you need new spring? Why dont you just get the shocks done with seals , nitro and new fluid that’ll be like 750-1000. The tune isn't a life or death thing…

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should’ve done the tune earlier haha, but 70k is absolutely not too late. If you really like the truck those upgrades are much cheaper than a Gen 3. How many miles do you drive per year or plan to? Seems like you do 15-20/year now?

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added Goosetuned at 80k and wish I'd have done it sooner! I don't like the Gen 3 looks either.......Red headed stepchild.....Gen 2's still rule in the looks department. All the creature comfort, nanny perks, and pretty dash lights be damned!.....but I do like the foldover work/laptop surface console......

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a month ago I purchased a 2018 802A with 114k miles. I received my batch of large Cobb/Goose Tuned boxes just yesterday... Stage2 kit plus some other bits. Take care of her and she'll take care of you.

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added Goosetuned at 80k and wish I'd have done it sooner! I don't like the Gen 3 looks either.......Red headed stepchild.....Gen 2's still rule in the looks department. All the creature comfort, nanny perks, and pretty dash lights be damned!.....but I do like the foldover work/laptop surface console......
Someone said it other than me...AMEN. Now, if we can figure out the fold-over console, that's be sweet:favorites13: