Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I have an IDS scan tool. I hooked it up to my 12 Raptor yesterday and theres some pretty cool stuff you can do. First off, you can enable DRLs. You can also adjust the tire pressure you want to the PCM to accept - another words, if you want to run 30 PSI in your tires and not turn the TPMS light on, you can set the PCM at 30 PSI with the IDS. I also noticed you can disable cruise - why would you want to do that?? It also had a police black out mode, tire size/axle ratio/speedo calibration. Thats about all I saw that was neat in there.

Ford must have changed sometime between 10 and 12. With the IDS, on my 10 I have the option for tire size, axle ratio also, but as far as PSI change it goes 44 psi (stock setting) and UP only.I cant go lower than 44 psi.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford must have changed sometime between 10 and 12. With the IDS, on my 10 I have the option for tire size, axle ratio also, but as far as PSI change it goes 44 psi (stock setting) and UP only.I cant go lower than 44 psi.

I have the same option...

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if I buy another set of tpms's to put in my other wheels, will I have to have my truck reprogrammed every time I switch wheels?

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just confirming, does the 2012 Raptor TPMS only come on when a tire is low? Does it even show the current pressure in each of the 4 tires?

I thought I saw the 4 wheel PSI readout feature on the '11 model with productivity screen??

If the TPMS only comes on when a tire is basically flat already and you cant even see the current PSI readings....what the hell is the point?

I've already accepted trading my HID SRT lights for Raptor low end headlights.

Now I'm already missing my TPMS in my Jeep. I had an onboard compressor I could plug in the rear, walk around each tire at home and fill, then look thru the window @ the TPMS display showing updated PSI per pound every 2 min!!! It would override and light up the idiot light if PSI went below 28. Sick! I thought this is how all TPMS worked.

My fathers '01 Benz has TPMS and his is just like my '08 Jeep.....both run on batterys that last 3-5 years and send a wireless signal. What is Fords like?

Are you guys saying the Ford 2012 TPMS located in the Productivity Dash Screen isnt anything like standard TPMS?

IF so, thats another fail. Do I really have to mod out most parts on this rig to make it decent or what? I take delivery of my 2012 scab next week btw. I cant wait to give my full analysis of the Raptor after taking delivery then making an immediate 1K mile drive home.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I will be having it installed tomorrow... Would be nice not to have to acknowledge the alarm every time I get in the truck!

581f04eb.jpg

Passenger Car TPMS (P409S) - TPMS - Orange Electronic USA - Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Currently on sale on Amazon for $110! Great price if it works as advertised. Has good Amazon reviews.

I'll post a walk through and review after installing and using this weekend in Death Valley.

What about when you rotate your tires, will this display automatically know where each tire is located or are you going to have to teach it every time?

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a programming feature on the screen... You can tell it which way you rotated, front to back or backs forward and fronts back and crossed, etc...