Tire advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STXRaptor23

Reaction score
2018 Raptor needing some new tires. I'd say that these days she's mostly a pavement princess with only occasional beach duty. I am looking for advice on replacing the tires so they are a bit quieter/smoother ride but can occasionally hit the dunes. I am also open to changing tire/wheel size and going aftermarket. I know y'all are the experts.

Psirus7

Reaction score
Does your truck still have KO2s? They are pretty hard to beat IMHO, as is a 35x12.5R17 setup. I've had good luck with Wildpeak ATs and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The Nittos are awesome if you are not driving on packed snow; in which case they are terrifying.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you. Mine rarely goes off road but is may daily driver and gets towed behind my motorhome. The more I towed the truck, the louder the KO2's got. I'm a big fan of the Cooper AT3's. They look bigger than most as they have more of a rounded tread. The rounded tread also reduces the road noise. Good traction, yet great highway performance.

cooper-discoverer-at3-xlt-w-aaa-1__46226.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you. Mine rarely goes off road but is may daily driver and gets towed behind my motorhome. The more I towed the truck, the louder the KO2's got. I'm a big fan of the Cooper AT3's. They look bigger than most as they have more of a rounded tread. The rounded tread also reduces the road noise. Good traction, yet great highway performance.

View attachment 435747
You can't beat the above tire IMO. Nothing comes close to price, quietness, traction, weight (62lbs) etc etc etc.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Just look for something in rubber....preferably black.....with those groove thingies......uhhh...TREADS! yeah, that's it, treads........OH! and MOST important ---- R 0 U N D !

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just put new KO2s on my 2019,40 000 miles at the ford dealership.
No problems for me on the snow!