Tinting Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Got my windows tinted. Looks real good on the Oxford White cool- holy crap it looks sweet!

Pulled out of the shop and a cop is waiting for me...pulls me over- hands me a fix it ticket- doesn't even notice the brow is illegal too but anyway.

So I get it removed and going to get it signed off by an LEO here in Santa Rosa but dang it that was hilarious.....not two seconds and I get pulled over

Meanwhile every other car has tinted windows...

And yeah he talked about my truck then talked about wanting to get a truck...I asked him what he had said a Chevy 1998. I said he should get a raptor. And that he'd know what a truck feels like once he rides one of these.

I think he said something under his breath not sure :) but anyway

Darn it...it looks real nice and I'm bullheaded gonna get it retinted.

Anyone have the same issues?

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Wow you are taking this surprisingly well. Not only am I assuming you paid at least $150 for the tint but the cost of either getting it removed (if you don't do it yourself) ~$50 and then going to go ahead and redo all of it?

Damn, I would be flipping shit right now. I mean I got a citation for headlights and I truthfully don't know whether I'd have any kind words to say to the LEO that instigated the whole ordeal.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of ********. Sounds like some kinda set up. I just moved to texas where the front has to be 25% or more (which I didn't know at first, and where I moved from has no tint law). I took my truck to get the inspection done and they failed it because my tint read 23% with the machine. They failed me over 2%... Wasn't happy.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of ********. Sounds like some kinda set up. I just moved to texas where the front has to be 25% or more (which I didn't know at first, and where I moved from has no tint law). I took my truck to get the inspection done and they failed it because my tint read 23% with the machine. They failed me over 2%... Wasn't happy.

Where at pirate? Lots of places are very relaxed about it. Just have to find somewhere that will pass you.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where at pirate? Lots of places are very relaxed about it. Just have to find somewhere that will pass you.

I did end up finding a place that would let me slide... I originally took it to a stripes/quick lube place in san angelo.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I never had any luck with those. I had to find a small, locally owned shop.

Yeah I won't be going back to that place anytime soon. And I could have sworn my tint was 25% to begin with. Not sure they even make "23%" tint and it makes me question the testing procedure and calibration of the machine they used.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank God we don't have to get our vehicles inspected in Michigan. Maybe y'all should register your trucks in Michigan? O and we only have one license plate too. Thumbs up.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how I still haven't tinted my windows.