Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Timbrens arrived today and took 20 minutes to install. I see future swaps being considerably faster, especially with a 17mm ratcheting box end. With almost 800# of tongue weight the back sags about an inch.

I haven't towed with it yet, cant imagine it towing any worse than before which was 100% acceptable. Unloaded the bump stops rest on the axel with a 100# Leer X2T tonneau cover, full tank of gas, no pax or cargo.

As far as unloaded it doesn't squat on takeoff which will hurt my infrequent moments of insanity off the stop lights. It's still capable of going up and over curbs and pot holes with minimal disturbance so I plan to leave them installed. I will likely ask my girlfriend to not pass the Tree Hugger in the fast lane via the grassy center median until they can be removed.

Before the mods:
352141cb2155b27abb73ae3ef50b9f37.jpg

Before hitching up with Timbren:
64ba43c67e8be2c0042862c48d413f15.jpg

After hitching up.
644abda1cd2371622e051ede3bba9471.jpg

83cd2c25b614754ab128a6e49f22168b.jpg

143a2a66667f2c803f359c0bed9d46ea.jpg

21d89fe3c43701ad562029bd8cba1ea6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine last wk as well and you DEFINITELY need a small 17mm ratchet wrench because mine was too big and wouldn't fit in there. It took me about 20mins per side because of the that nut that requires the ratcheting box wrench was kicking my ass :) They cancelled our last MX of the season so I didn't get to test them out last weekend. Will hopefully go riding at a local practice track and we'll see how they work.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed mine yesterday, finally. Agreed on the ratcheting 17mm. I'll be getting one for quicker on and off. Won't be towing until Thanksgiving weekend- going to Moab with RZR in tow on trailer. First impression onroad is that you can definitely tell they are on, but just fine for pavement. My ONLY wish is that you wouldn't have to jack the rear up a little to install/uninstall. When we get to Moab, I'll need to R&R, which will require me to take the floor jack. But once in the air, quick on and off. I'll post up after our trip, as it's a 2,000 mile round trip.

Salty4Life

Reaction score
OP what size and make is that boat. How often do you pull it? How far? I’ve been considering a raptor after my dually got wrecked. My boat probably weights 6800pounds, going to the scales to verify. I know it won’t pull like my dually did but the unloaded ride with be worth it.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP what size and make is that boat. How often do you pull it? How far? I’ve been considering a raptor after my dually got wrecked. My boat probably weights 6800pounds, going to the scales to verify. I know it won’t pull like my dually did but the unloaded ride with be worth it.

It will EASILY manage your 6,800# boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to go riding and use the trailer with the new Timbrens and I couldn't be any happier. My truck now has maybe one inch of sag and looks very level with my 24' trailer. It drove fine and every bit as good as it did with the WD hitch and that's exactly what I was hoping and looking for. I'm very pleased.