Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkriplean

Reaction score
On the Etrailer site I also saw "Sumo Springs" made by Super Spring, they show two weight ratings, one at 1,000# and another for 1,500# same company also make sure an add-on single helper leaf that goes above the stock spring pack(1,500# rating)
I had Timbrens on a 2500 Suburban and they made a difference for sure, wondering if anyone has any experience with the other brand or best to stick with Timbren.
I am only looking to have them installed for the times I tow, which has decreased to maybe 4-6 times a year.
I saw a Gen2 towing a camper yesterday on I84 in CT, I'd say it was about a 24' camper and the truck was level, unknown if it had anything done to help with the weight, didn't see if it had a we hitch or not.
Anyways just following along waiting for someone to tow and report back��

I'm using the Sumosprings when I tow my travel trailer. Truck squats about an inch and with the tongue weight doesnt ride harsh. Simple to remove when not towing.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it with the WD hitch and was going open a vein and bleed out right in my driveway if I had to use it one more weekend so I ordered a set this morning and I will have them on my truck for this weekend when I pull my 24' trailer to the MX races. I'll post up pics and how they work in comparison to the WD hitch early next week.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it with the WD hitch and was going open a vein and bleed out right in my driveway if I had to use it one more weekend so I ordered a set this morning and I will have them on my truck for this weekend when I pull my 24' trailer to the MX races. I'll post up pics and how they work in comparison to the WD hitch early next week.

Please do. I have a 7x14 motorcycle trailer with bikes and gear as well and was contemplating a WD hitch for next season. Curious why the WD is such a pain in the ass?

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do. I have a 7x14 motorcycle trailer with bikes and gear as well and was contemplating a WD hitch for next season. Curious why the WD is such a pain in the ass?

I hate the WD hitch because the main piece weighs like 75lbs and then after lugging that cylinder block out and installing it in the receiver you then need to crank the trailer and back of the truck up pretty high so I can set the chains at 3 links so the truck will sit level when I lower it back down and that's some serious cranking on the tongue jack. Call me crazy and definitely call me lazy but I just want to back up to the same trailer that I was pulling with my 12 Gen1 with 1/2" of squatting with my Gen2 and hook the trailer and go without all the added BS involved with the WD hitch. It also squeaked something awful so I greased each pivot point and that quieted everything down but I'm always ending up getting grease on me somewhere from touching something that I shouldn't be touching. I just want everything to be easier and hassle free like my Gen 1 was and hopefully the Timbren SES will solve all of it. Sorry for the long winded response :)

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the WD hitch because the main piece weighs like 75lbs and then after lugging that cylinder block out and installing it in the receiver you then need to crank the trailer and back of the truck up pretty high so I can set the chains at 3 links so the truck will sit level when I lower it back down and that's some serious cranking on the tongue jack. Call me crazy and definitely call me lazy but I just want to back up to the same trailer that I was pulling with my 12 Gen1 with 1/2" of squatting with my Gen2 and hook the trailer and go without all the added BS involved with the WD hitch. It also squeaked something awful so I greased each pivot point and that quieted everything down but I'm always ending up getting grease on me somewhere from touching something that I shouldn't be touching. I just want everything to be easier and hassle free like my Gen 1 was and hopefully the Timbren SES will solve all of it. Sorry for the long winded response :)

Thanks for the very helpful review. Could not agree with you more. I store my trailer at my investment property and love just driving there, backing up, hitching and heading to the track. I couldn't live with all the fuss you described either. Glad you told me about the WD hitch, I don't think I am going to bother.

I went with an add-a-leaf, and I am thinking this has most likely already solved my sag while towing issue also, in addition to stance. Won't know for sure till next April when towing/racing season starts back up but I think I'm all set.

w4RXYOpPQIzUj7zYolc8tBDtoni6aahXky-Lpb16zGT3b5fSa0.jpg

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I had a 2011 f-150. I towed my 66 galaxie on a feathlite trailer very regularly with it.

To add some load capacity, minimize the squat, combat axle wrap and minimize the sway, I bought the roadmaster active suspension setup.

When i traded the truck in, I removed the setup.

I recently had to haul my galaxie after breaking it down for bodywork and paint.

On stock springs, it sagged WAY too much for me. On a whim, I installed the roadmaster setup.

they still work great. Once you get used to putting them on, it takes all of 10 mins.

They solve the sag and axle wrap problem. They solve the sway issue.

You can leave them on when not towing and while they will impact suspension flex capabilities, they do not harsh the ride up.

if you arent towing and need the flex, you just remove them.