Tight fit in garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDBama

Reaction score
My gen 2 supercrew raptor barely fits in my garage. There is less than 1” between the front bumper and one of the hinges on the garage door when I back in and touch the rear tires to the concrete ledge in the back of the garage. I would be more comfortable if I could find an alternate garage door hinge that did not protrude out from the door as far as a standard hinge. Is anyone aware of an option for smaller/flatter hinges?

This is similar to what’s currently installed:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/IDEAL-S...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLi8vaqhqt0CFUXCwAod938B9g

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think your going to find anything different your best bet might be to buy a new house with a bigger garage.

Or wrap the hinge in foam.

I think my first thought was the best fix

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The real solution eluded you:

Measure the garage and compare with the dimensions of the Super Crew and Super Cab before buying the truck, then buy the SCAB because it won't give heart failure every time you come home and park it and because you'll be able to add an aftermarket bumper or bumper guard and thereby mount aftermarket lights so that your upfitter switches actually operate something.

Yeah, that's kinda snarky. Sorry about that, but planning ahead is never a bad thing.

OP
OP
D

DDBama

Reaction score
Thanks for the “help.” I did measure and the truck fits but I would rather not have to worry about the hinge hitting the front bumper if I don’t back in perfectly. The door clears easily but there is one hinge that causes my concern. I prefer to not park outside. Unfortunately even in nice neighborhoods in Houston there are people who find it necessary to steal others possessions. Rims, tailgates, and even vehicles end up missing too often.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much room is there between the rear bumper and the wall? Possible to install some permanent ramps so you can get a few more inches in that direction?

I planned ahead. Should have a ~2 inches of height margin at the door and ~6 inches of length margin overall :hahano:

My ultimate solution is going to be an upgraded garage in the not too distant future.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps try modifying some sort of strap hinge that's flat and would do the job.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a couple feet front and rear, but with the racks on my shell, I come less than an inch from the bottom of the door...

I wonder if an aftermarket bumper might not hang out front or rear as far? Might give you the clearance.

IMG_20180516_150744336.jpg