Ever accidentally hit your remote gate release inside garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Worst nightmare is I hit the garage door opener and the tailgate pops open as the garage door is moving.
I did this on an ML320 I had and it left a nice 8” gouge on the back hatch. Not a scratch, but a deep down to the metal scar.

Oh man, that will for sure leave a mark! That had to sound awesome.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tested the Forscan change and I am happy to say it DID work:

BCM 726-37-02 xxxx x0xx xxxx

Changing the “5” to a “0” disabled ability to open the tailgate from the key fob.

The tailgate still opens fine at the back handle and the remote release I added to my upfitter switch still works. The only thing it disabled appears to be the key fob open.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That remote opener is a solution in search of a problem. What on earth do people use them for?
I use mine all the time when I’m carrying groceries or a box of booze.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use mine all the time when I’m carrying groceries or a box of booze.
Sure, I get that but for me it’s a ticking time bomb. I have accidentally hit it a a couple of times.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a 3-car garage that measures 34' wide by 26' deep w/ 9' tall ceilings and 8' tall doors. I can fit my Raptor in on the same side as my workbench and tools with the tailgate open and step down, if needed. Plenty of room for my Shelby GT350 right next to it.

View attachment 158993

I like your taste in vehicles. LOL
IMG_2595.jpg IMG_2867.jpg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, that works. If I have enough booze that I need two hands, I use a shopping cart. :D
I’m not that old and not taking the extra trip to take the cart back in the store. In PA we don’t buy that shit at the grocery.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not that old and not taking the extra trip to take the cart back in the store. In PA we don’t buy that shit at the grocery.

I buy my booze at Costco. I park next to the cart return, even if it's a bit farther to the front door. It's three steps to dump the cart, and the amount I buy, it would be a half-dozen trips without the cart. It's a big win. You have state-run liquor stores? That was a nightmare in Washington and Utah before they modernized. Question. If you have both hands full, how do you fetch the remote from your pocket? Plan ahead? Way too technical. LOL

D

Deleted member 17706

It is a 3-car garage that measures 34' wide by 26' deep w/ 9' tall ceilings and 8' tall doors. I can fit my Raptor in on the same side as my workbench and tools with the tailgate open and step down, if needed. Plenty of room for my Shelby GT350 right next to it.

View attachment 158993

I am jealous man. Having a house built and the biggest I could do with the builder was 30 by 22. I know it will clear the Raptor, but still wish I had more room!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy my booze at Costco. I park next to the cart return, even if it's a bit farther to the front door. It's three steps to dump the cart, and the amount I buy, it would be a half-dozen trips without the cart. It's a big win. You have state-run liquor stores? That was a nightmare in Washington and Utah before they modernized. Question. If you have both hands full, how do you fetch the remote from your pocket? Plan ahead? Way too technical. LOL
Yes. PA and UT are the last of the state run liquor stores. I use a dad-style belt loop clip for my fob so no pocket digging. I buy enough to fill a box to minimize trips lol. Grocery store has beer and wine but c’mon. That’s for weekdays.