Ever accidentally hit your remote gate release inside garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithV

Reaction score
Parking at Costco (or anywhere public) is scary anyway. Saw this there last weekend, 30 degrees out so this guy is one tough SOB is my guess. Not even commenting on his lack of humility.

View attachment 158927

I was thinking “how did he ever pass inspection?” and my wife says “where does he put his stuff from Costco?”.
Miatacart! That would actually be fun to drive, especially if it had a turbo or supercharger on it

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to lose sleep over the tailgate release after I got the truck. I normally park backed in, and against cement walls in the parking garage. So far so good.

Let me know when someone figures out the power close function. I don’t want to have to get a Gen 3 for that alone LOL

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard repeatedly now by Espoza Loco after my one and only parking lot inadvertent tailgate drop...

"What was that noise, tailgate again??!!"
:)

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That remote opener is a solution in search of a problem. What on earth do people use them for?

Thanks to COVID, I use mine every time I do curbside pickup. I point to the back of my truck and double press the remote to open the tailgate without getting out or even rolling my window down. Most of the time, the person loading it will instinctively close it for me. If not, I wait until they leave, put on a single throw away glove and close it myself. :cool:

My Texas-sized garage is big enough that I have 6 feet between the back of my truck and the wall when I back it in, so no worries if mine opens accidentally. (It never has...)

D

Deleted member 17706

My Texas-sized garage is big enough that I have 6 feet between the back of my truck and the wall when I back it in, so no worries if mine opens accidentally. (It never has...)

What size is your garage?