Thoughts on trading '18 Raptor for new '19/'20 Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m really getting tired of repeating myself on this topic.

As I’ve stated numerous times across countless threads, the issue has already been “figured out” and was corrected on F-150 in July 2018. On Expedition, the revisions were implemented in April of 2019. The revisions include redesigned cam phasers with new part numbers and a new PCM calibration. The revisions have eliminated the pattern/repeat failures that were occurring on the models specified in the service message.

Do the revised cam phasers fall in line with the steel oil pan on 2018's or was that done earlier.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the revised cam phasers fall in line with the steel oil pan on 2018's or was that done earlier.

That production change was unrelated and occurred earlier. Raptors and all other F-150's built in Dearborn Truck Plant on 2/27/18 and later have the one piece aluminum oil pan.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m really getting tired of repeating myself on this topic.

As I’ve stated numerous times across countless threads, the issue has already been “figured out” and was corrected on F-150 in July 2018. On Expedition, the revisions were implemented in April of 2019. The revisions include redesigned cam phasers with new part numbers and a new PCM calibration. The revisions have eliminated the pattern/repeat failures that were occurring on the models specified in the service message.

I'm sure you are, and I appreciate your posts in the cam phaser thread, etc. But you also clearly misread my post wherein I was talking about my 2018. And my wife's '19 Expedition is making the exact same noise my Raptor is. I'm not happy about either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter