GEN 2 Thinking about selling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than a month ago, I was looking at upgrading my 2017 SCREW 802A with 17,500 miles for a 2019 802A. My truck has the hard FORD roll-out bed cover, rhino lined bed, rigid lights in the bumper cutouts, full graphics package.....including some Rappy add-ons, a Putco light bar, tinted windows, clear front bra and tons of other small accessories. The truck is spotless....all maintenance and recalls completed....literally perfect. My Raptor's MSRP was 74K.....a dealer here in VA offered 51K and CARMAX offered 54K. I literally couldn't believe it. I previously owned a 2014 Raptor that I bought new for 52K in 2013....put 15K miles on it....traded it in to CARMAX 18 months later for 51K! Looks like I'll be keeping mine for a while....oh....I traded my 2017 M4 for my Raptor!

View attachment 119867

View attachment 119868

View attachment 119870

View attachment 119871

View attachment 119872

Beyond the 802a package, the remaining options that you added to you truck for $74k MSRP aren’t going to return value (that seems high anyway for a 17...especially without beadlocks). $54k trade in value is pretty common on 17’s, but you would get the same $54k trade in value with a 802a truck with a $66k MSRP.

Of course you should already know that your aftermarket add ons return zero value on trade and very little on private sale.

If you want to move it or upgrade, you should sell it yourself for $60ish and remove your aftermarket items for your next Raptor or sell them for cash.

Shayne

Reaction score
Beyond the 802a package, the remaining options that you added to you truck for $74k MSRP aren’t going to return value. $54k trade in value is pretty common on 17’s, but you would get the same $54k trade in value with a 802a truck with a $66k MSRP.

Of course you should already know that your aftermarket add ons return zero value on trade and very little on private sale.

If you want to move it or upgrade, you should sell it yourself for $60ish and remove your aftermarket items for your next Raptor or sell them for cash.

Agree with everything you said....my brother-in-law just did exactly that....I am just to lazy to remove all of those goodies - and too cheap to take that huge hit in depreciation. Ford would have to do more than upgrade the shocks and collision avoidance system to entice me away from my Lightening Blue beast! Produce a 7+ liter V8.....thats a different story....

haysam tawfik

Reaction score
2018_bmw_m3-pic-1888685473720848483-1024x768.jpg
I'd love to trade for that!!! Or just imagine this next to a leadfoot raptor!! Oh boy, this is going to result in some very poor financial decision making :D i love it!!

That's a beauty right there. Did you check out the deals on available CSs? Also, have you considered an M2 competition. I picked one up in January and I've got to say, it's the most fun I've had in a modern BMW. The Raptor and M2C make a great combo.

spenvose

Reaction score
Have an 18' SCREW in Leadfoot that I bought in October. Bought the Raptor over a F80 M3, kind of bored bc im not into offroading and i dont live out in the desert. Truck has 1600 miles on it, fully loaded (with beadlocks), what do you think I can get for it or do you think I can trade for a M3 at about 67-70k. Thanks in advance. TsuiH0w.jpg

spenvose

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Durango SRT . Car has every option. Now wishing I had got the Raptor
Will be trading soon. Like you I wonder how much I will lose. Sticker on mine was 73k.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Durango SRT . Car has every option. Now wishing I had got the Raptor
Will be trading soon. Like you I wonder how much I will lose. Sticker on mine was 73k.
That will be ugly on the trade...better sit down when you get hit with the number. Maybe high 40's.?

OP
OP
borzraptor

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a beauty right there. Did you check out the deals on available CSs? Also, have you considered an M2 competition. I picked one up in January and I've got to say, it's the most fun I've had in a modern BMW. The Raptor and M2C make a great combo.
M2/M2C is a little too small for me, haven't checked out many deals on that CS, the one I attached was selling at $85k! But the M2 CS looks amazing, probably drives even better than it looks.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Durango RT and loved it, traded for Cherokee SRT and loved the power but not the size, now have a 2014 Raptor.

I still think the Durango SRT could be my next vehicle. Got any pics?

Fury Road

Reaction score

Agreed, perfect combo I think. Sold my M3 to get Raptor but would love to add an M2 CS at some point.