Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
I also have a rattle or clanking while driving over small bumps, especially noticeable on a washboard road. Feels like a 20yr old truck, not a brand new one with 500 miles on it. I checked the connections on the sway bar thinking that would be a likely culprit for the noise but they were tight. Interested to see what ends up being the cause.
I think there are a number of us having this same issue. Please start a new thread if you are able to find any answers.

Chiefgiant

Reaction score
Not necessarily something to check for but the same day I picked up my truck I got a indicator on the panel saying that the engine knock sensor had a malfunction. Still at the dealer trying to diagnose what is actually wrong.
Update- just got my truck back today. Needed new knock sensor and wiring harness. Just bad luck I guess and was frustrating having a new truck sitting in service. But as others have said if something is wrong bring it to the dealer and they will get you back on the road.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the clunking issue in the suspension added to the list? I believe someone mentioned they replaced the sway bar links and that noise has since disappeared
added to the list!
I have not heard or seen a definitive answer as to a fix, especially with the number of reports of this sound/issue.

Lumpycrown845

Reaction score
I also have a rattle or clanking while driving over small bumps, especially noticeable on a washboard road. Feels like a 20yr old truck, not a brand new one with 500 miles on it. I checked the connections on the sway bar thinking that would be a likely culprit for the noise but they were tight. Interested to see what ends up being the cause.
same issue i have 100 miles drove the trcuk one day its got alot of issues all of whats in the sticky

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing a slightly rough idle when stopped with the transmission in Drive (e.g. at a traffic light)? Idles at 500 RPM and there is a slight shudder perceptible. Not terrible but noticeable.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing a slightly rough idle when stopped with the transmission in Drive (e.g. at a traffic light)? Idles at 500 RPM and there is a slight shudder perceptible. Not terrible but noticeable.
I’ve experienced a rougher ideal when stopped *if the pro power was on.
otherwise I personally have not. others will chime in.

CookieMonster11b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 miles into ownership, I have a check engine light for, "The engine control system has detected that the fuel tank pressure is currently not reading what was expected for the operating conditions."

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 miles into ownership, I have a check engine light for, "The engine control system has detected that the fuel tank pressure is currently not reading what was expected for the operating conditions."
Normally that means that the gas cap is missing, but the Gen 3 doesn't have one. No clue here. Let us know what you find out.

AustinRaptor512

Reaction score
Took the truck to get PPF’d this morning and the detailer noticed this splotch. Feels like there is no clear coat over it. Looks like I’ll be taking it back to the dealership for the body shop to fix. Anybody have similar issue?

Attachments

• D19CD461-1B96-440F-A1D3-607110693732.jpeg
    D19CD461-1B96-440F-A1D3-607110693732.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 223