They’re ruining our fun fellas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, not solar. Tesla’s thinking and theories were so far ahead of his time on earth that he seems alien. He said we could transmit energy through the air, literally around the planet. He just didn’t live long enough to see it in service.
Tesla was a genius. Agreed.
The US Govt squashed Tesla by killing his finding and killing him as well. Also stole all his remaining data on how to make it work.
Doubtful as to killing him. Stealing his secrets and hiding them all this time? Impossible. Physicists and electrical engineers have completely explained everything Tesla did, and have even improved on some of it. Tesla was vindicated over Edison on the AC vs DC question. Edison was vindicated in that wires are a better transmission medium than air.
Hell, we already use his theories and technology to transmit microwave energy around the planet for communication like cell phones
Yes.
and even land lines over bad terrain.
I don't think so.
With some small changes, it could be literally electric power.
The problem is loss. Power density drops with the cube of the distance from the transmitter. A transmitter capable of transmitting a decent amount of power a mile or two would would melt itself a hole and start sinking. Copper wire is very low loss. It makes our grid possible.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tesla was a genius. Agreed.

Doubtful as to killing him. Stealing his secrets and hiding them all this time? Impossible. Physicists and electrical engineers have completely explained everything Tesla did, and have even improved on some of it. Tesla was vindicated over Edison on the AC vs DC question. Edison was vindicated in that wires are a better transmission medium than air.

Yes.

I don't think so.

The problem is loss. Power density drops with the cube of the distance from the transmitter. A transmitter capable of transmitting a decent amount of power a mile or two would would melt itself a hole and start sinking. Copper wire is very low loss. It makes our grid possible.
The problem was truly “free” energy doesn’t work for greedy az globo-corporate shillsters for a “New World Order”, where you are the commodity, I.E. a debt slave.

What’s the second law? Something about…unsustainable…

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reasoned response. The topic is kind of fascinating to me, but I usually roll my eyes at the people that think that "energy independence" means that oil produced in the US means Americans can buy it drastically cheaper than in the rest of the world.

That's a good point, I honestly don't think of that way, but it is true. However, if you have greater control over the global supply, then you have greater control over global pricing. I mean, that is the whole reason why OPEC was created in the first place, to have better control of supply than any one of the member countries had on their own.

So increasing the supply at home, or the capacity to control supply, means that you can sanction the oil supply of certain countries without drastically reducing the supply (since you can ramp up your supply). You don't have to ask other countries to increase the supply, and more of the profit from price increases stays in your country, rather than sent overseas.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Associated Press is reporting this morning that Biden has decided to ban the import of Russian oil. A bit slow off the mark, in my opinion. Given Russian behavior it should have been done years ago.

But he is still not going to reverse his policies that converted the US from a net exporter of energy to a net importer. This, despite calls to do so from Democrats and Republicans alike. Nope, he's in "negotiations" with Saudi, Iranian, and Venezuelan oil. Saudi Arabia is one thing, but both Iran and Venezuela are in the "death to America" camp. It is intellectually bumfusticating and emotionally insulting to me to buy oil from enemies when with the stroke of a pen we could produce it ourselves more economically.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem was truly “free” energy doesn’t work for greedy az globo-corporate shillsters for a “New World Order”, where you are the commodity, I.E. a debt slave.
Tesla's energy was never free. It was darned expensive. Sunlight is free. So I'm guessing that you are a huge solar booster and will dump your Raptor post haste now that electric pickups are available. Solar panels on your roof? Yes?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, once Xiden bans Russian oil imports, and TBF, congress is making noise along the same lines, expect the oil futures market today to go bonkers. I’m expecting a 20-30 cent per gallon increase on sheer panic, even though it’s not some supermajority of our oil.

We’re just complaining about gasoline here, but if you’re using heating oil, you’re definitely paying more before getting out of winter. Diesel? Everything shipped is going to be more expensive.

coming down the pike: UPS/Fed Up/etc. will add new fuel surcharges (they never removed the last 2 earlier temporary fuel surcharges), food prices, building materials, lions, tigers, bears, oh my!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Associated Press is reporting this morning that Biden has decided to ban the import of Russian oil. A bit slow off the mark, in my opinion. Given Russian behavior it should have been done years ago.
Agreed. It's insane that we sanction everything except Russia's primary export.
But he is still not going to reverse his policies that converted the US from a net exporter of energy to a net importer. This, despite calls to do so from Democrats and Republicans alike. Nope, he's in "negotiations" with Saudi, Iranian, and Venezuelan oil. Saudi Arabia is one thing, but both Iran and Venezuela are in the "death to America" camp. It is intellectually bumfusticating and emotionally insulting to me to buy oil from enemies when with the stroke of a pen we could produce it ourselves more economically.
Brandon is trapped. 70% of the voters today hate what he's doing. If he angers the misguided "environmentalists", it's over. The only hope for blue reelection is to keep the base happy and hope everything blows over by the next election. I expect more of the same, no matter how obviously stupid it may be.

Eidt to replace "p i s s e s o f f" with "angers".

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The US in still a net exporter of crude. It has been since 2018 and will continue to be this year. (and the US has been the world leading exporter of refined petroleum products like gasoline for over a decade!). More importantly to your points, Biden has approved more drilling permits in his first year than Trump did in his first, second or third year. Not sure where you're getting this info, but it's wrong. So far, Biden in on track to approve FAR MORE oil permits than Trump.

I was talking about this in another thread...the idea that "with a stroke of a pen" we could "produce it ourselves more economically" is wrong. We *already* produce more than enough petroleum to meet domestic demand. However, it's not "our choice" (nor that simple). Until it is more profitable to refine US petroleum into gasoline and sell that refined product to domestic customers, nothing will change. It's more profitable to sell more crude and its refined products abroad. Until that changes, "drill, baby, drill" is just political theater.

Last edited: