The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ruger,

I will try to get you the graphs your requesting monday. I do recall the WOT lambda was .86 because of the vehicles compression.

As far as gas mileage goes, we kinda have had our foot in it since testing so to be totally honest, I will need more time with normal driving to give you an accurate answer. All in all it should be about the same as any after market tune, but anytime you ask for more hp's gas mileage may suffer a tick.

I'll get back to ya

Jarrett
Friendly reminder, Jarrett. Publish all info here so all can see and evaluate, as promised.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are here thriving to take it to the next level for everyone.

The trucks start up idle is around 1100, and then it will calm down to a steady idle 200 rpms above stock. Defenintly makes the truck sound like even more of a monster while just standing still and allows some of the drivetrain to warm up before you take off.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

About the high flow cats this is the words strait from our tuner

"High flow cats do not pass emissions because you have to turn off the rear o2 sensor to not get a check engine light. I can leave the rear o2 on by customer request but for them not to get a check engine light they will need to run rear o2 spacers"

I have SW LT headers with high flow cats, on stock tune I pass Texas emissions. I then put tune back on after emissions check.

I have 5 star, question for y'all - do you have a tune setup for:
SW LT headers w/cats
borla S exhaust
Airraid CAI

?

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have SW LT headers with high flow cats, on stock tune I pass Texas emissions. I then put tune back on after emissions check.

I have 5 star, question for y'all - do you have a tune setup for:

SW LT headers w/cats

borla S exhaust

Airraid CAI

?

We can calibrate the tune for all the modifications you have mentioned. Please shoot me an email and I will send you over a calibration form!

[email protected]

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ruger
"Friendly reminder, Jarrett. Publish all info here so all can see and evaluate, as promised.[/QUOTE]

Was able to get a hold of my tuner and he is out of his office until tomorrow. He said he should be able to shoot me over some graphs for everyone to look at, but as far as the data logging and mapping adjustments made, it's proprietary information that he would rather not have posted on the internet for others to copy.

I'll keep you posted when he emails them to me.

thanks

Jarrett

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with your tuner, Jarrett. What the consumer is primarily interested in is results. How those results are obtained in terms of programming are beyond the ability of even the above average consumer to evaluate. Dyno graphs that include fuel-air ratio curves would be something that the consumer can understand and would be useful for comparison with the factory curves and also with the curves the competition may provide. Absent that information, all the consumer has to go on is marketing hype that isn't substantiated. I have plenty of experience with that, hence my interest in proof.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is why I do not even have a filter on my truck. Bone stock.

Discussing tunes is mostly subjective. Even after dyno graphs are presented it will still be mostly subjective. Data on a WOT pull on a given gear is a small part of the equation. The "equation" for drivability is a very complex one.

That said. I want to see the graphs. I could make dyno pulls of all four tunes I have. But it may be too time consuming. The one making the most power will possibly not be the best one though. We are not drag racing these things.

There are too many value file tuners going around. Increasing timing some degrees throughout and leaning the burn a bit on a given file is all too common.

By the way. The SVC tune... I LIKE IT. It works great. More power than SCT 93oct tune and even better trans control. Snappier, drops two gears in a flash when stomped on in fourth gear then third comes on hard, not harsh at all. I don't like snap too quick opinions either but this seems to be what I will be keeping for my bone stock truck. Fuel consumption does not seem adversely affected on the small distance driven today. But I did, city, highway and backroads. Did I tell you how great it drives? Hehehe.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with your tuner, Jarrett. What the consumer is primarily interested in is results. How those results are obtained in terms of programming are beyond the ability of even the above average consumer to evaluate. Dyno graphs that include fuel-air ratio curves would be something that the consumer can understand and would be useful for comparison with the factory curves and also with the curves the competition may provide. Absent that information, all the consumer has to go on is marketing hype that isn't substantiated. I have plenty of experience with that, hence my interest in proof.

Copy that,

We are totally ok with giving that kind of stuff out and will post it up the minute I get the email.

Personally I don't put a ton of stock in those types of things because tuners can tweak the map to obtain a single glory run on dyno, but would never keep that mapping file because it would almost certainly blow the motor. For me, the proof was after the first 100 or so miles after we loaded the tune into one of our trucks. Yes the truck feels faster than stock. What I noticed more than anything from my overly sensitive butt dyno was how smooth the truck drove, with no knocks, or surging (both issues I had on my own personal truck with other tunes) I think one thing that's important to keep in mind is out here in CA we are stuck with **** gas vs the rest of the country. The nice thing about our tune is the truck has the ability to adapt to even our crap gas and keep things safe while getting the most out of the truck.

From a driving standpoint, the 3rd gear pull is the best I have felt vs any of the other tunes I have experienced in a Raptor. The shifting is fast and keeps you in the power band really well, yet doesn't feel like it's slamming into gear. It almost feels more like a German sports sedan that shifts fast, but smooth.

Anyway, I think once some of the initial tunes get some miles on them and adapts to there respective owners driving styles, the reviews will speak for themselves. Trust me, I was very reluctant on going down this road because tunes typically don't do much for me on a naturally aspirated vehicle, but after getting the chance to spend 3-4 days in Jeffs truck a while back, we made the call to bring this to market because it is hands down the best calibrated tune available for these trucks.

I'll keep you guys posted on the graphs when I get the email.

Thanks

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

That is why I do not even have a filter on my truck. Bone stock.

Discussing tunes is mostly subjective. Even after dyno graphs are presented it will still be mostly subjective. Data on a WOT pull on a given gear is a small part of the equation. The "equation" for drivability is a very complex one.

That said. I want to see the graphs. I could make dyno pulls of all four tunes I have. But it may be too time consuming. The one making the most power will possibly not be the best one though. We are not drag racing these things.

There are too many value file tuners going around. Increasing timing some degrees throughout and leaning the burn a bit on a given file is all too common.

By the way. The SVC tune... I LIKE IT. It works great. More power than SCT 93oct tune and even better trans control. Snappier, drops two gears in a flash when stomped on in fourth gear then third comes on hard, not harsh at all. I don't like snap too quick opinions either but this seems to be what I will be keeping for my bone stock truck. Fuel consumption does not seem adversely affected on the small distance driven today. But I did, city, highway and backroads. Did I tell you how great it drives? Hehehe.

I'm stoked you like it that much Turbo. I think you hit the nail on the head in your description. The truck simply feels better because so much time was focused on the drivability vs a single glory dyno run. Our tuner knows we drive our trucks hard as can be in the desert and made sure to come up with a file that won't leave me stranded at mile marker 100 in the middle of no where.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Something about your tone....can't quite put my finger on it though.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something about your tone....can't quite put my finger on it though.

How's this: Keep your fingers off my tone, friendo. You've got your own tone to worry about.

By way of explanation, I went around and around with Hennessey about the horsepower and fuel economy claims they made at the time. It was on the "Z" forum, it was public, and it was months long. There was a string of excuses offered by Hennessey as to why they could not post their dyno runs - the dyno was being serviced, the dyno was scheduled heavily after it was down, and on and on. The dodge and weave was as preposterous as their marketing hype.

You know what came of it? I was banned from the "Z" forum. It's how I wound up here, so a lot of good came of it. Hennessey never put forth their dyno information, they got the guy who insisted upon proof banned instead. So I come by my "tone" in a very honest way, and I think that until the consumer sees something backing up performance claims he has no idea what he's buying. Is it legit, is it pure hype, or is it mildly exaggerated? Without proof, it's a shot in the dark.

Last edited:

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I was running with the Mitsu Evolution crowd tuners about shit themselves when a free, open source bit of kit came out that allowed consumers to pull their maps and take a look at them.

It was neat to see how different tuners went about their tuning strategies.

Data is good. More data is better.

I'm on the fence with getting a tune.

I've found that unless you're going FI tuning NA cars don't usually yield much.