The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who are you guys??? I like that your taking it to another level.

One thing I don't like about the 5star tube is the fact that it removed the high RPMs at engine start. The engine typically revs to warm up quicker. It also sounds better.

How does the SVC tune handle the start?

Also, interested as to how high flow cats are accounted for. Like you said most tunes turn off certain items so they are ignored. Some of us need to pass state emissions where all that chit needs to be on and working without any check engine lights (most states will allow one).

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who are you guys??? I like that your taking it to another level.

One thing I don't like about the 5star tube is the fact that it removed the high RPMs at engine start. The engine typically revs to warm up quicker. It also sounds better.

How does the SVC tune handle the start?

Also, interested as to how high flow cats are accounted for. Like you said most tunes turn off certain items so they are ignored. Some of us need to pass state emissions where all that chit needs to be on and working without any check engine lights (most states will allow one).

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

We are here thriving to take it to the next level for everyone.

The trucks start up idle is around 1100, and then it will calm down to a steady idle 200 rpms above stock. Defenintly makes the truck sound like even more of a monster while just standing still and allows some of the drivetrain to warm up before you take off.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

We are here thriving to take it to the next level for everyone.

The trucks start up idle is around 1100, and then it will calm down to a steady idle 200 rpms above stock. Defenintly makes the truck sound like even more of a monster while just standing still and allows some of the drivetrain to warm up before you take off.

About the high flow cats this is the words strait from our tuner

"High flow cats do not pass emissions because you have to turn off the rear o2 sensor to not get a check engine light. I can leave the rear o2 on by customer request but for them not to get a check engine light they will need to run rear o2 spacers"

Reaction score
So I just got my 2014 truck about 3 months ago and wanted more out of it...the stock tune seemed much too sluggish and felt like there could be much improvement. The first place I tried was 5 Star tunes and they worked fine but one thing that I didn't like was how hard the shifts were. The car was noticeably jerkier when shifting and wasn't very comfortable of a ride. I went on to read some reviews and read some stories about 5 Star tunes being too rough on the car and the mechanical equipment. Thus I went to my friends at SVC Offroad and got their tune. Right off the bat, tune was better than 5 Star's. The shifts were fast and smooth and not jerky like 5 Stars. I have had the tune installed for 3 weeks now and can't see myself changing back to stock or 5Star. You can't go wrong with SVC's tune and I recommend it to anyone looking for quicker and smoother shifts for our trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got my 2014 truck about 3 months ago and wanted more out of it...the stock tune seemed much too sluggish and felt like there could be much improvement. The first place I tried was 5 Star tunes and they worked fine but one thing that I didn't like was how hard the shifts were. The car was noticeably jerkier when shifting and wasn't very comfortable of a ride. I went on to read some reviews and read some stories about 5 Star tunes being too rough on the car and the mechanical equipment. Thus I went to my friends at SVC Offroad and got their tune. Right off the bat, tune was better than 5 Star's. The shifts were fast and smooth and not jerky like 5 Stars. I have had the tune installed for 3 weeks now and can't see myself changing back to stock or 5Star. You can't go wrong with SVC's tune and I recommend it to anyone looking for quicker and smoother shifts for our trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to receive mine!

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initial impression is very good but it was a short drive around neighborhood, literally 10 minutes so I did not post anything about that earlier. Just came from work then and died in bed almost until now. I am heading out for work again in several minutes and thank God I am late. Will be taking the long way through the mountain roads and some highway so I can put it to the test with a rush lol. Its a 30-60min drive depending on the phone calls lol so I should have a much better feel for the programing and trucks behavior.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next screen was this...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402315215.259550.jpg

Global spark left at 0 degrees baseline and on 93oct from a gas station that never has "bad gas". I used their 93oct on the GT-R for the dyno sessions when doing that custom map so I know "a bad tank" is not an issue here on the Raptor just in case.