The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It would be the same process as it is now, holding the button etc. you can pull fuse 38 if you want everything off but you still are stuck with the warning lights.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

The Tune, By SVC

$550.00 an X4 with one SVC map

$250.00 for a single map by email

$100.00 for a revision of your map

Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct, all you will need is one tune once the tune is in I can reassure there will be no desire to change it up. You can adjust your octane on the handheld it self. You can choose to run 87 if you'd like but for best results we prefer no lower then 89. On my truck I have it set for 89 and I will occasionally throw 91/93 in if I plan to really give the engine a work out. There is no issue with doing this as long as you don't go lower then original octane setting

-Jeff

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For the function of the MAF sensor it should make no difference as to what ever happens upstream or downstream, it should just measure the amount of air passing; but the OEM MAF is calibrated for the OEM tube.

The OEM Sensor is calibrated for the OEM tube or air box, the issue is using the OEM sensor in an aftermarket housing or cold air kit that is a different size than the factory box. This is why we flow aftermarket cold air kits to get the proper MAF Transfer Function which is the same procedure taken by the OEM manufacturer. This is an expensive procedure which is why most aftermarket tuners will tweak or modified the meter curve instead of getting the proper flow curve.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

So it's one tune for performance, Eco, and tow?

Yes one calibration for all, same as factory. With the proper calibration using the factory sensors ie. knock sensors, wide band O2 sensors, temperature sensors and others, the vehicles PCM will make the appropriate corrections under all conditions.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Can the Tune be used with a Livewire TS?

Yes sir, any sct hardware will work.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the the tuning theroy that makes sense to me. One tune just change octane. I do like my 5 star tunes but I have found I enjoy one tune more then the others for daily driving and am sticking to that one. Changing often does not allowing the trans and ecu to learn very well it really seems to take at least 200 miles for my truck to feel smooth and run well after a tune change.

My performance tunes are fun but a little over the top in daily use so I stick to the economy for smoothness. As for fuel mileage they are not as good as I would think but do have a slight increase.

Looking forward to some real world feedback on the SVC tune.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correction, the factory MAF sensor is calibrated for the diameter of the factory intake tube. That's why AIRAID, for example, can provide a CAI that doesn't require a tune to work well.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm waiting a new tune. I will post up how it feels like compare to other tunes after driving couple days.

Your tune has been sent! We are Looking forward to hearing your feedback! Thanks again for your business

-Jeff