The Thread You've All Been Waiting For (Not!!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW, rest easy, that ********* Ford Performance windshield banner I asked about elsewhere, I cut it down and stuck it on the inside of my garage door. :lol:

As I've mentioned in other threads, probably enough to make you vomit in your mouth already, we took an epic trip from NY (did it back in 2017 with my first ever truck, a '17 Shadow Black Raptor) to Missouri, on to Denver where we hiked the Royal Arch trail in Chautauqua Park in Boulder. We then went to Moab. First day we did Arches which in one parking lot you can go off road and out of the park which we did. Then it was various trails in and around Moab, Dead Horse State Park, Canyonlands. Headed to Lake Powell, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, rented Jet Skis for the full day. Toured Antelope Canyon. Then headed north to Tooele for Raptor Assault, and then the long trek (3 days) home, with a stop in Cleveland and the Rock and Roll HOF.

Here's a few pics if you're done with the mouthwash.

p3586917804-5.jpg

p3586917807-5.jpg

p3586917888-5.jpg
p3586917929-5.jpg

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That sounds like an absolutely awesome trip!

I had plans to do something similar in the western US years ago, but timing just didn't work out right.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Very cool. We've done most of that, skipped Raptor school though. Tough to find time with a teenager doing sports nowadays. Great pics.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a blast! I've done several 2 or 3 week loops out that way with some friends that live outside of Phoenix. Between the near desert, the Grand Canyon area, Vegas (time it for the Supercross), Moab, Sedona, Flagstaff, there's so much great stuff to drive around and see.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MDJAK

Well done.

Did you notice any difference in ride quality on the return highway trip after you gave your trucks suspension a proper off road work out?

I have concerns that if I do some serious off roading, my truck wont drive the same on the highway, where it spends 98% of it's life.