The Raptor is not for everyone

What does the tribe think?

• Relax dude, stop sobbing, the truck is fine.

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • We all know @911 Crazy is headed in this direction too

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Legit, bruh!

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Someone save that poor Raptor!

Votes: 57 48.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Not a fan. Today in Corpus Christi, I saw a new F150 on the side of the interstate with the flashers on and the front passenger wheel/tire nowhere to be seen. Looked like a similar black brodozer combo. I guess you can add re-torquing the lugnuts on cheap ass cast rims to the list of reasons to stay stock.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how did a truck built for the off-road become such a pavement princess?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's stupid looking to me regardless of it being done to a Raptor.
Huge negative offsets + 22" wheels with mud tires looks silly to me.

But hey, everyone has different tastes I guess.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's stupid looking to me regardless of it being done to a Raptor.
Huge negative offsets + 22" wheels with mud tires looks silly to me.

But hey, everyone has different tastes I guess.

You know we have loads of them down here. The rage is big wheels!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you blame the truck owner or the guy who put on the tires/rims for the owner. Seriously, I imagine a lot of owner's don't know a darn thing about what effects performance and assume that what he wanted to do would only make the truck better. You can blame him for not doing research, but if you know nothing but what you see on other trucks, it's not the worst assumption.

But the shop that did the work, do they have a responsibility to tell the owner it's a bad idea?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have a lot of trucks around here lifted, with the wheels stuck WAY out, and low profile tires. I don't get it, especially adding the low profile tires.

Maybe they are trying to help there lateral performance on the street lol

It’s all about the look and the big wheels and the wide stance more than anything. Many know it’s now a dedicated street truck, but don’t care. Yes to disable a Raptor like that even though many won’t take to the dirt doesn’t make sense. But that’s what some like.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you blame the truck owner or the guy who put on the tires/rims for the owner. Seriously, I imagine a lot of owner's don't know a darn thing about what effects performance and assume that what he wanted to do would only make the truck better. You can blame him for not doing research, but if you know nothing but what you see on other trucks, it's not the worst assumption.

But the shop that did the work, do they have a responsibility to tell the owner it's a bad idea?

The truck owner. You think he would be dissuaded by anyone telling him not to buy that shit? He'd move right along to the guy that would sell it to him.