The count down has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
My bank account and I are ready to buy a Raptor, after talking to 20+ dealerships over the last 2 weeks it's starting to look like I'm not getting one. I refuse to pay MSRP + mark up. With 26K to put down my payments would be in the $600 range and that's to much since I've got other projects that I've gotta finish and one I wanna start.
So I started looking at used and that market is a joke. Everyone want's new car prices regardless of miles or how beat they are. Found a few with bent frames priced in the high 48 to low 53K.
I've basically given myself until Memorial Day weekend to find a Raptor, and if I don't then I'm looking for a 2013 Tundra to build.
I know I won't be as happy when I fire up the truck each time but I'm not willing to OVER pay for a truck either.

Sucks cause I've wanted this truck for a very long time! In the mean time I'll continue to send emails and make phone call's hoping to find someone willing to sell at a reasonable price

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There's gotta be a dealer around you who will order at invoice. You've checked the invoice thread right?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
West coast prices...check out on the east coast....yeah...good for standing your ground...

Car prices in general are insane...can't buy a house, but they will finance a homeless person for a used car for 84 months with nothing done...

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat AII, I just now have the funds to buy in and nobody will play ball on price. Only sub-MSRP pricing I have locked down are either a world away, or they are shady and have strange terms or terrible communication. However, I've waited too long to give up now. Don't give up on the Raptor! The Tundras are nice, but you'll always regret it every time you see a Raptor on the street, and especially off the street. Expand your search radius and find a dealership outside the city, that's where I've found the best offers.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My bank account and I are ready to buy a Raptor, after talking to 20+ dealerships over the last 2 weeks it's starting to look like I'm not getting one. I refuse to pay MSRP + mark up. With 26K to put down my payments would be in the $600 range and that's to much since I've got other projects that I've gotta finish and one I wanna start.
So I started looking at used and that market is a joke. Everyone want's new car prices regardless of miles or how beat they are. Found a few with bent frames priced in the high 48 to low 53K.
I've basically given myself until Memorial Day weekend to find a Raptor, and if I don't then I'm looking for a 2013 Tundra to build.
I know I won't be as happy when I fire up the truck each time but I'm not willing to OVER pay for a truck either.

Sucks cause I've wanted this truck for a very long time! In the mean time I'll continue to send emails and make phone call's hoping to find someone willing to sell at a reasonable price

I was at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood last weekend just killing time and was told by the salesman they are selling their Raptors at MSRP no dealer mark up. At least that's what he said at that time. I know they have several on the lot. Worth a phone call. I would ask for the fleet manager.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in AZ and had the same issue.
Ordered at invoice out of state and had a company ship it to me.
Still came out $3-4K ahead compared to MSRP.
Give it some thought before you buy a different truck - you don't want truck envy

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Fred said look over here and Ill drive it out to you for food room and gas cost only... SO if you can save 6 or 7k I bet it wont cost but 1k to drive out there

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
There's gotta be a dealer around you who will order at invoice. You've checked the invoice thread right?
Invoice won't happen. At best MSRP and even then I can't find one thats fully loaded and I don't/want need all the extra's. Especially since they are so high priced now
West coast prices...check out on the east coast....yeah...good for standing your ground...

Car prices in general are insane......
I'm not even sure I'm standing my ground anymore :). I've come up from my original # by 5 grand and still can't find anything.

Is it just me or did MSRP go up over the last few years?

I'm in the same boat AII, I just now have the funds to buy in and nobody will play ball on price. Only sub-MSRP pricing I have locked down are either a world away, or they are shady and have strange terms or terrible communication. However, I've waited too long to give up now. Don't give up on the Raptor! The Tundras are nice, but you'll always regret it every time you see a Raptor on the street, and especially off the street. Expand your search radius and find a dealership outside the city, that's where I've found the best offers.
At this point every one I see I have 2 thoughts, damn he got ripped off or hopefully he bought it a few years ago and saved a bunch of $. Either way he's got one and I don't

Like Fred said look over here and Ill drive it out to you for food room and gas cost only... SO if you can save 6 or 7k I bet it wont cost but 1k to drive out there
I've gotta see the truck in person to buy it, in dealing with so many liars(aka car salesman) I've come to realize that I have to see it in person even if it's new as I don't trust anyone with this truck. You probably wouldn't believe the lies some of these guys are spewing out of their mouths.

Thanks for the offer though

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey asked my dealer.. and they dont have any available.. but the owner is driving one and he said $5k plus msrp would take it... has 400 miles. Sorry.. couldnt help.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Invoice won't happen. At best MSRP and even then I can't find one thats fully loaded and I don't/want need all the extra's. Especially since they are so high priced now

I'm not even sure I'm standing my ground anymore :). I've come up from my original # by 5 grand and still can't find anything.

Is it just me or did MSRP go up over the last few years?

At this point every one I see I have 2 thoughts, damn he got ripped off or hopefully he bought it a few years ago and saved a bunch of $. Either way he's got one and I don't

I've gotta see the truck in person to buy it, in dealing with so many liars(aka car salesman) I've come to realize that I have to see it in person even if it's new as I don't trust anyone with this truck. You probably wouldn't believe the lies some of these guys are spewing out of their mouths.

Thanks for the offer though

I think the east coast crew would be more then happy to put eyes on things, take pictures, etc for you if you asked. Hell i know i would cruise my local dealerships doing that if you were serious.