Moon roof rubber gasket seal maintenance, what lubricant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, be careful with the lube when you're putting it on. That shit gets EVERYWHERE so take your time.

Also, before you open your moonroof, open it to vent and then close it and then open it. Do that once a month and lube once a year and you're going to be fine.

The moonroof has pretty much become a maintanance item.

There was a tsb about it awhile go.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
Also, be careful with the lube when you're putting it on. That shit gets EVERYWHERE so take your time.

Also, before you open your moonroof, open it to vent and then close it and then open it. Do that once a month and lube once a year and you're going to be fine.

The moonroof has pretty much become a maintanance item.

There was a tsb about it awhile go.
Thanks for reply and 411. Especially the advice on opening vent 1st, then roof 2nd..
Let me ask you this, the grease you listed is the only item? in the video he uses a lubricant drop? Do we use both or just grease? Just making sure..
Thanks Anthony

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for reply and 411. Especially the advice on opening vent 1st, then roof 2nd..
Let me ask you this, the grease you listed is the only item? in the video he uses a lubricant drop? Do we use both or just grease? Just making sure..
Thanks Anthony
just the grease is needed. make sure and do the track as well.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Krytox grease is what Ford recommends. It’s expensive but the tube will last you years. As others have said doing this as a maintenance item is key. Follow the tsb, use a microfiber and alcohol to clean then the grease. I fold a thin microfiber over a credit card and slide that between the body and moonroof, works well.

Finally, when I’m done I sage the moonroof every 6 months for good measure.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Anthony
Yes every time before I open it, I do the vent also. Q-Tip is the way and go slow.

OP
OP
Monte87

Monte87

Reaction score
The Krytox grease is what Ford recommends. It’s expensive but the tube will last you years. As others have said doing this as a maintenance item is key. Follow the tsb, use a microfiber and alcohol to clean then the grease. I fold a thin microfiber over a credit card and slide that between the body and moonroof, works well.

Finally, when I’m done I sage the moonroof every 6 months for good measure.
Hi boost!
I'm gonna do that!! Do you slide the credit card and microfiber w grease on fixed glass as well??
Btw, what is "sage" the moonroof? Lol
Thabks Anthony

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi boost!
I'm gonna do that!! Do you slide the credit card and microfiber w grease on fixed glass as well??
Btw, what is "sage" the moonroof? Lol
Thabks Anthony
Yes, the microfiber around a credit card I think is what’s actually suggested in the tsb, and is the best way to get the rear fixed panel (alcohol on the towel first, then once clean put the grease on a clean part of the towel).

1709825301212.png

Last edited: