Talking Fiesta ST, Ford vs Chevy, GT500 & SVT Raptor with Ford SVT's Jamal Hameedi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When:

* You have the only vehicle of its type in the industry and
* You sell as many Raptors as you make and
* You make significant profits on the vehicle

You keep making them.

When you have a new version of the truck used to make the vehicle coming out in 2015 you keep making them. Because:

* You have the only vehicle of its type in the industry and
* You sell as many Raptors as you make and
* You make significant profits on the vehicle

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

If you're talking of the "Big 3" I'd agree with you.

They are doing a great job. They are making much better products. But they still have a ways to go before they are the best performance division in all of automotive land.

And they need to make the Focus SVT available in all wheel drive (enough of jamming power through front wheel drive. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE is, no matter what your white-sticky-food-you-eat-with-chopsticks-friends say, NOT the way you design a performance oriented vehicle! Either RWD or AWD. Furthermore, the new Golf GTI coming out later this year in the US has already surpassed the Focus SVT according to the car magazines. It was a very brief moment on the podium for Ford in that challenge. Ford can do better with that car and they need to come out with an AWD RS or whatever they want to call it.

And let's see Ford's new Mustang. That car needs to have the body updated in a big way. The retro look is dead - get over it. But some of these are Ford issues not SVT issues.

I agree with you that they don't make the best performance cars, I would personally love to see a rwd focus st, but that's probably not gonna happen, the fact is that svt builds what it happens to feel like building that day, they don't do it for profit, they don't do it cause the big wigs told them to do it, they do it cause they are true performance enthusiasts and that's what they want to do, and they make all these vehicles accessible to whoever has the same drive that they do, it's not like amg where they add 50-70 horsepower and a little bit of suspension work then they turn around and charge an extra 20-50k or more on top of the normal car for it, or porsche that rip shit out and believe you should pay more for that, they simply add to the normal car, usually the same amount of power as amg does, and they do similar amounts of suspension work, and then the final product costs 3-10k more than the next model down, the gt500 ended up with 220 more horsepower than the boss 302, by amg's standards that would cost an extra 200-300k, what does svt charge? 10k, and that makes them the best performance division on the planet

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First i have to say that AMG is garbage, nothing they come out with looks good IMO or is even that good performance wise for the price range they are in. That being said M and Porsche are the top players in the world. SVT is undoubtedly very good, but they are not world redound as M and Porsche are and they never will be. Also you can't compare SVT to M or AMG in pricing because Ford in general is not known as a "luxury brand". Yes each car they come out with gets better but still European and other continents see SVT as just some upgraded performance to a Ford. BMW and Merc charge those prices because they can.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great vid, I like the mindset Jamal has, and heres to hoping for another run of the Ford GT so I can buy one. Wasn't old enough to get in on the 2005-06 run of them.