The 2011 F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Gets Official & SuperCab Gets Updated! Specs (& Pics!) Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just too young

Yeah, that Homelink thing will never catch on!

And cars with trunks, SUVs with rear hatches and tailgates have no reason to have remotes that unlock them!

cdv1.jpg

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
It's like the Porsche Turbo...the best one built was the 993 before it got all technologically advanced and had all the luxury crap added to it. It was a sports car that people bought to drive. The 997 isn't the same caramd the people that buy them don't buy them to drive them. Just have extras to jack up the price and not give any performance benefits.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
It's like the Porsche Turbo...the best one built was the 993 before it got all technologically advanced and had all the luxury crap added to it. It was a sports car that people bought to drive. The 997 isn't the same caramd the people that buy them don't buy them to drive them. Just have extras to jack up the price and not give any performance benefits.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

If I could have bought my truck with a manual shift transfer case and cloth seats, I would have (would have cost a lot less, too). I think the Border Patrol and other govm't groups will be able to get it that way.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

If I could have bought my truck with a manual shift transfer case and cloth seats, I would have (would have cost a lot less, too). I think the Border Patrol and other govm't groups will be able to get it that way.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I understand your comment but there's a lot more to it than that. Comparing the 993-based Turbo to the 997-based Turbo is like comparing a 1996 F150 to a 2010 F150 Raptor. Vehicles have gotten much more powerful, safer, economical, heavier (safer), cleaner-running, reliable, better performing (speed, handling, braking), etc. And people who buy curent Turbos DO buy them "to drive them" and that's a fact. Every year we're seeing better vehicles than before. Would I like a 993 Turbo? Hell yes. A 1996 F150? Hell no. :) :) :)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I understand your comment but there's a lot more to it than that. Comparing the 993-based Turbo to the 997-based Turbo is like comparing a 1996 F150 to a 2010 F150 Raptor. Vehicles have gotten much more powerful, safer, economical, heavier (safer), cleaner-running, reliable, better performing (speed, handling, braking), etc. And people who buy curent Turbos DO buy them "to drive them" and that's a fact. Every year we're seeing better vehicles than before. Would I like a 993 Turbo? Hell yes. A 1996 F150? Hell no. :) :) :)

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1000

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1000