Taking 2018 802a in for service tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guyzilla

Reaction score
got an annoying indicator light that comes on for a day or so then gone. gonna get sync update along with oil change and tire rotate balance and alignment. 33k miles. no other issues i know of. any suggestions on other things besides cam phasers i need to check? thanks!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check for oil leaks on the valve covers, think @FordTechOne said there was a bulletin to replace the valve covers for that year. Make sure they rotate your tires, not just move the front to the back and the back to the front, actually rotate them according to the manual. ( seriously. ASK)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check for oil leaks on the valve covers, think @FordTechOne said there was a bulletin to replace the valve covers for that year. Make sure they rotate your tires, not just move the front to the back and the back to the front, actually rotate them according to the manual. ( seriously. ASK)

There is no bulletin for valve cover leaks. The TSB is related to oil consumption caused by the valve covers, since the PCV system is integrated into them.

If you’re not experiencing any oil consumption issues, then there is nothing to worry about.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no bulletin for valve cover leaks. The TSB is related to oil consumption caused by the valve covers, since the PCV system is integrated into them.

If you’re not experiencing any oil consumption issues, then there is nothing to worry about.
You know, it's really nice to have a Ford Tech on this Forum. Thanks!

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealers I've been to, never rotate the spare into the mix. I even asked them and they flat out said they don't do that because there is no TPMS in the spare and they don't want to be liable. I'm surprised they even knew that there was no sensor in the spare.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealers I've been to, never rotate the spare into the mix. I even asked them and they flat out said they don't do that because there is no TPMS in the spare and they don't want to be liable. I'm surprised they even knew that there was no sensor in the spare.
I just meant rotate the 4 properly, don't let them just do front to back is all.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I've always done front to back on my last two vehicles F150 4x4 and both were BFG KO tires.

Rotated them at 10,000 mile too and my first truck I still had maybe 5,000 miles left at 50,000 wear miles.

I've done the same on my 2019 Raptor and so far my tires look very good at 26,*** miles.

I know it's not the right tire rotation but it works well for me.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s so funny to see other people talking about proper tire rotation for the Raptor. I had to revert to marking my 4 tires with A through D to ensure they get rotated properly, but alas they never do it right and I have to get them to correct it. This last time must of pissed the tech off because I about gave my self a hernia getting those back lug nuts off while trying to remove the wheel a day later. I know I am meticulous, but I just can’t justify taking it there anymore.

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
well i took it in for oil change and check engine light that comes on for a day or two then goes off twice over the past couple months. they said they thought it was a timing issue and couldnt get to it for couple days (i dont think they looked at the diagnostics yet). i have to go out of town for several days and they gave me a nice new loaner f150 without the bells and whistles but very happy and impressed they did that. i will say the 150 drives smoother like my wifes yukon but already dying to get back in the raptor with the 802a in it. things i like about the 150 are the button to kill auto stop and the center console is much better. dont like most everything else like the auto parking brake which really sucks (my 2018 raptor doesnt have this). also have the tires at 48psi but all in all could be much worse although my raptors health is still in limbo, i just think its a glitch but they havent had time to check it yet.