GEN 2 T4ARGHHH Build/Adventure Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You planning on doing any modifications to the rear fenders, or does it look okay as far as you can tell?

Looks fine right now. Once the leaf packs go in, im also throwing rear hydros on there so it should limit the uptravel hopefully enough to where it doesnt hit. If it does, ill do some cutting!

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ADD FMIC comes with carb sticker main reason I went with that cooler.

Great lookin build here t4 I’ve been peepin it on IG as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know how much a FMIC affects smog.
Is the Cobb FMIC CARB (calif air resource board) legal, If not, what will be the fix come smog time? I would like to install a FMIC but have concerns about the Calif smog BS. Truck looks really good though.

smog? whats that? LOL

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fine right now. Once the leaf packs go in, im also throwing rear hydros on there so it should limit the uptravel hopefully enough to where it doesnt hit. If it does, ill do some cutting!

Sounds good. Interested to see how it responds. I have closer to stock offset wheels and they tuck pretty well.

But I did rip off the bottom of the rear driver side flare before I installed my new leafs. I was spinning the tires in some soft sand and articulated a bit and a lug caught on the lowest bolt head on the flare. I replaced the flare and also changed those hex head screws to some flatter Phillips body screws so there's less to catch onto. A little additional piece of mind in addition to the leafs. But I don't hear too much about that around here so maybe some subtle geometry differences between trucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Interested to see how it responds. I have closer to stock offset wheels and they tuck pretty well.

But I did rip off the bottom of the rear driver side flare before I installed my new leafs. I was spinning the tires in some soft sand and articulated a bit and a lug caught on the lowest bolt head on the flare. I replaced the flare and also changed those hex head screws to some flatter Phillips body screws so there's less to catch onto. A little additional piece of mind in addition to the leafs. But I don't hear too much about that around here so maybe some subtle geometry differences between trucks.

Ahh thats some solid advice on the flat screws! This is a game of millimeters so i'll swap those out. I'm running 0 offset and i've jumped her and tossed her through the whoops with the rear end bone stock and i've never had issues. The 37s def sit closer to the flare vs 35s but im hoping the heavier leafs and hydro will solve that.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2/10 UPDATE:

-Test fitted the ADV fenders (+2 rise, +2 width). They make the 37s look like 35s lol.

-Icon leaf packs going in

-My King resis need a custom bracket to bring them tighter into the frame. The 37s at full lock are tapping them. This is primarily due to the ADD frame cut bumper - you hack off 1 of the mounting points for the king resi and part of the bumper mount occupies the area where the resi typically mounts to.

IMG_3257.jpg

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2/26 UPDATE:

-ADV fenders on and wrapped
-KING came out to tune the shocks and these suckers are DIALED!
-ICON leafpacks installed (option 1) - HUGE difference.
-I blew out my rear fender flares and ripped out some of the metal inside the well so i will be cutting the opening a good 3-4" for clearance. As much as I love the look of rear bedsides, I want to avoid having to leave my truck at a bodyshop for 2 weeks. FYI if you remove the fender flare, you'll notice a 2" piece of plastic that ford puts underneath the flare for mounting but im gonna ditch it and go above and cut some of the bedside aluminum as well.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/14 Update:

-Switchpro 9100 installed - factory uplifter switches kept blowing fuses, plus i miss strobing my chaselights LOL
-Builtright industries rear seat bracket - there is barely enough room to stick maybe an extra sweater back there
-Still doing some random cutting due to the 37s rubbing at full lock
-Added a pelican in the back that has a handful of tools for fixing any issues out in the wild.

Other than that, here's some random photos:

jj (1 of 1).jpg DIEP (9 of 10).jpg DIEP (6 of 10).jpg

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks amazing. How difficult were the fenders to install? One or two person job? any trimming?

I dont know if the word difficult is what i'd use - more so tedious. Its constant mounting/dismounting/shaving, sanding, etc. I did it solo but i'd recommend 2 people